Chapter 15

"That is SO NOT FAIR" Jace was yelling downstairs. He definitely was just told about Ryland's decision to pull me from academics. Entering the living room "I am good at school too!"

"Jace, you haven't had any good marks in months, actually in years."

"Yeah well maybe the teacher is just marking them wrong." Ry's face was crunched and one eyebrow raised as if to say 'seriously'.

"Lily common vouch for me or something!"

Chuckling, "I dunno how to help you in this situation, I am younger than you and have been tutoring you in most classes."

Sticking out my tongue at him, his face went slack with anger "yeah, most classes. Not ALL!"

Getting into the kitchen and grabbing a banana, "you're almost done with it Jace, you can make it through 2 more years."

Jace's foot stomped hard on the ground about to throw a tantrum, "well on that note, I am going to open the bakery. Have fun in class, Jace." Sarcasm hinting in my voice and sticking out my tongue at him again. When walking by him he grabbed me, bent me over, holding me in a sort of head lock then rubbed his knuckles against the top of my head.

Giggling and flailing about "hey knock it off I actually tried with my hair today." He continued a bit longer until he let me go, both of us laughing.

Him and Ryland headed to the academy, Em was at the front of the bakery with Hudson. I explained to her about me not doing academics anymore and I will see her on break wishing them a good morning.

I opened the shop and started with the morning rush. It's not as bad as the weekend morning, but it definitely was busy. Luckily we had made extra things this week or I would have run out of things before noon.

Ryland came back at noon, "sorry I took so long."

"No worries, did you check on the person from last night? Are they okay?"

He grinned "yes they are okay, thanks to you. Now you have to get to your class."

Huffing, "ugh fine" I jumped over the counter sliding my bum across the flour covered surface and headed out to class.

Finally seeing Em in Ione's class was the highlight of my day, she told me all about her night with Hudson. She lost her virginity, they had made their relationship official a few days ago. I was happy for her, and he was a really nice guy. Though I was jealous of her as my first kiss had not even happened yet.

It had not really been a priority to me though either with everything happening I needed to focus on healing, having someone else in the picture seemed overwhelming.

After class Ione stopped us both, she just told me how excited and happy she was that I was going to help out her mother in the morning. Getting outside Em turned to me "you didn't tell me you were doing that."

"Yeah I'm sorry I just haven't had the chance to, this was decided literally last night."

She pouted, " we will never be able to see each other now though" her voice was a bit whiny.

I smiled "don't worry we will still hang out! It's not like I am leaving the city, I am just not going to morning class anymore."

The expression on her face softened, her eyes seemed distant "Emberleigh?"

Her mouth twisted sideways, "I gotta go, I will see you tomorrow okay?"

I couldn't even answer before she had just turned and walked away, Hudson cut her off and walked with her down the hill. Thats when I realized now Callen and I will not be in class with her. That's exactly what she came to terms with and was upsetting her.