Chapter 47

The next day I stayed in the royal library for the day, guards were out on high alert figuring out the murders. Ryland told Evander it wasn't me since all my things were with him. Ryland truly did not suspect that I did it. Only I and Claeg would know.

I was going through history books and what not and I came across one with a ton of torn pages. They were the royal family trees, most of them ripped up and tattered, except for Evander's.

Amice or Aiden were not marked in the book at all either. For that moment it was the only thing interesting I found. Leaving the library is when I heard the commotion outside.

People protesting no doubt, going over to a window was much different.

Guards were arresting people, also injecting them with something that made them unconscious. They were being dragged into the castle walls. Running to the front doors before I even opened them I was grabbed and picked up, kicking and wiggling around "Put me down!"

It was some guard I didn't really know, he stayed at the front gates mostly. Binx growled and hissed at him, though he walked right by. Throwing me into my room, Binx ran after me as the guard slammed the door and locked it.

Getting to the window to look out, the entire city was in chaos. Very small puffs of essentia being used in an attempt to save themselves. Opening the window, about to jump out I was caught again, this time by Aiden.

"Lily, don't." He was distraught and upset.

"What is happening?! Those are your men hurting them!"

Placing me on the ground "and none of them are happy about this, my father sent them out, they are taking any and all shapeshifters."

It felt like the air was punched out of me, "Emberleigh and Jace?! They are shapeshifters! What does he want with them?!"

Holding my shoulders so I'd look at him, "I promise you they both got out Lily, I made sure of it. I promise on my life. The moment I heard the news I went to them. No one has any idea why he is doing this."

He tilted my head to him "I am going to figure it out, it's going to be okay." When he left my room he made sure to lock it again. I know going out the window right now wouldn't be a good idea. One thing was answered today though, Claeg was right about them acting out.

The screams went on throughout the night, and for a couple more days. Still no word on what was really the reason for this all.

In the middle of one night Ryland came in from my window. I was just lying there staring at the ceiling, he threw my mask on me without a word.

Picking it up looking at myself in it, then to him, "your armors are in Poppy's place."

Sitting up, "Jace?"

"Aiden came to him and Emberleigh and got them out of the city, they headed down to Tandie, to Lehava."

Sighing in relief "what's this for then?"

He looked at me, "the King wants to see Erembour."

Looking at him confused, "I thought you didn't want me involved? And why do I have to get dressed as Erembour?"

"That was before half of everyone's men were taken away. I want you to dress as Erembour."

Standing up, "Evander did this, and it's his fault."

He nodded, "I know, Aiden works for me."

Hearing that news made me want to smack Ryland, "What?" Aiden only told me he was on my side, not that he fucking worked with Ryland.