Chapter 53

The day went by both too fast and too slow. Pacing in my room, heart feeling like it was going to jump out of my body, "gods where the fuck are you Binx."

He couldn't do much as he was but just being around made me feel better. After dinner and sun down I put on the Sutaras guards clothes then climbed out my window.

Clawing my way up the walls to the roof of the castle, leaping to the far end closest to the tower. I had hid my bow propped against a chimney with a few arrows, powders and a can of oils.

My nerves getting the best of me I threw up, heaving out everything in my body. Letting myself have this moment, both excited and beyond anxious. "Ryland is so gonna kill me."

I had all these plans, but nothing planned for me if I were to get out of this all. Part of me just figured I was not going to succeed so I didn't even try planning for what I'd do if I got out.

I stood on the closest edge, dipping arrows into an oil can then coating them in the powder. It was to help keep the flame going as the arrow was shot.

Lighting one, nocking it then drawing back the bow raising it as if I were to overshoot the tower just keeping in mind how the arrows drop.

I let the arrow fly, it pinged right off the side of the library, the flame even going out as it hit.

"Fuck."

I tried four more times, missing each time though it was so damn close.

My mind just would not get clear, so to focus it I stabbed myself in the leg with an arrow. Now the only thing my mind went to was this pain, which was better than freaking the hell out.

Nocking a lit arrow again, pulling back the string practically kissing its feathers.

"Breathe Lily," I could hear Ryland coaching me in the woods when learning to shoot. Taking a long deep breath through my nose, then breathed out as I let the string go and the arrow soar.

The arrow went right into the tower catching a cloth I had set up, it started a blazing fire. Waiting very impatiently I got another arrow ready in case it was needed, the first explosion went off which set off a dozen others. The fire had lit up the sky a gorgeous red and orange, then the barrels got set off. In a fash, a huge burst of blue went across the city, a low boom that quieted the world in a massive wave.

Parts of the crystal shattered into pieces then dropped, making the city quake, rattling the buildings. Clinking of what sounded like tiny pieces of glass hitting the stones At first the hush continued, with a flooding smell of sulfur. Then ripples of screams, though I could not tell if it was in pain or happiness until I saw the essentia puffs going around.

As fast as possible I made my way off the castle and down in the gardens, all guards were running out of the gates, fighting erupted through the city.

An all out civil war broke out. I couldn't be distracted from anything, leaping over the side of the well and into the tunnel running like I was being chased by a monster. Before going through the door I peaked in, the Sutara were running right out of the room.

This is going way too well. Breaking through the door no longer sneaking, the people were looking at me.

"Well? Those who are strong enough open your cages!" Their noses and ears were bleeding, the pings of metal breaking and hitting the ground echoed through the walls. Running through the room I smashed some locks with the back of a knife I had. All while yelling where they needed to go to. When the room was nearly empty, I went to the back room.

No one alive was in it, a room full of the symbols I've become familiar with these secret rooms. Another iron door at the side of the room, there was a small barred window at the top of it.