Chapter 28

Waking up later at night, I slept the whole day and some away.

"Where's Jace?" Ry was sitting on the couch reading papers,

"I think he went to the tavern along with a ton of the other guys."

Smiling huge "perfect."

Running back upstairs I changed into a long sleeved dress with a low square cut the color of a deep red wine, I've been actually showing off my birth mark the past couple years to embrace it.

Though when working with Poppy I wore more conservative clothing. About to leave to go out "hey, you aren't even gonna ask if I or even Evander have work for you?"

Stopping annoyed, "no cause it would raise questions on why I wasn't out with everyone coming back home and how people dropped dead throughout the night."

His eyes roamed my clothing, "I miss you being a child, it's unnerving seeing you dressed as a woman."

"Don't be weird, Can I go or not?"

Waving the back of his hand, "go have fun."

Before going to the tavern I had to go pick up Emberleigh, if she found out I went without her she'd kill me. We've been going there often, since we turned 18.

Ryland and Evander actually encouraged it, taverns always spilt secrets and I was able to get them easily. Being able to eavesdrop, and even get drunk men to tell me things was quite a good advantage for them.

I was able to find out where people were hiding, and about any creatures in the area, as well as shipments of materials coming in. Sometimes I'd get someone telling me all about his money which normally were bluffs since they were in massive debts with Ryland.

We hurried up to the tavern "this is gonna be an amazing night Lil I can already tell"

Her face told me she was scheming, her hair was down in soft waves that just curved around her now very perky and huge breasts from her overly tight corset. "There are now so many new men here, it's going to be so hard to pick one of them."

Chuckling "Gods Em, it's like you're possessed by Callen sometimes"

She laughed "maybe I am" wiggling her fingers near her face at me, in a 'spooky' motion.

People were pouring in and out of the place, squeezing our way the bartender pouring us our normal mugs of ale we didn't even have to ask anymore he just knew and for the most part drinks were free since the bartender knew Ryland.

Women splayed themselves with their breasts exposed across laps, while the men played cards, chatted, having a good time during my scanning of the room. Jace was spotted near the back in a corner with a few other men gambling.

"Alright, looks like you found Jace and I found my next prey"

Em smirked, walking away to a different group of men, a clever vixen of a fox tracking her next meal.

Attempting to push my way to Jace's table, yet being stopped almost every step drunkards trying to get me to sit with or on them, I'd strut past them ignoring them.

"Barely been a day and you're already gambling your money away Jace?" The group looked at me. 3 of them were the men at the shop, the other two I didn't know.

"Of course Lily, beating these guys asses is the best part of my day." Smirking and pulling out a chair sitting down at their table "deal me in, maybe I can give you a taste of your own medicine."

His arms crossed with a sly smile, I took a few sips of the ale "or are you scared to lose your money."

The others put their cards down, "nah you two will have to play against each other this round this will be a site to see."