Chapter 30

Sitting for quite some time now, staring up at the stars and moon. The night sky felt so much more freeing and endless than day. I wanted to stay here all night but getting home was number one, sweating and feeling dizzy.

If it wasn't for being shot I would have stayed. Going across the buildings until getting to the middle ring I went to the cobblestone. Debating on going to Poppy or not, I decided against it. If Jace got hurt he would have been there too, now my stomach was in knots now thinking that he got caught or hurt badly.

Getting to a loose sewer drain that we broke to get into the tunnels, jumping down stinging pain shooting up my body I slapped my hand over my mouth to muffle a scream. My warm blood started to seep between the leathers of my armor. Stumbling, wobbling around, finally getting to the bakery ladder.

Getting upstairs to the house Ryland was at me in seconds, ripping the mask off and pulling down the other one. Silently he picked me up running me to my room taking off my armor and clothes.

"I killed Edward." Still quiet, he held me down by my mouth, taking out a blade then digging it into my torso fishing out the arrow head, his hand muffling my screams.

The arrow had hit just above my silver branding. After he plucked it out he went to my thigh doing the same.

He held up both the arrow heads studying them, "bandage yourself up and get cleaned, I am sure Jace will be here soon."

Laying back in pain taking a few moments before doing what I was told. Putting away and hiding my clothes, then wiping up my blood stains and spots everywhere too.

I needed stitches for sure, but I really did not have the energy or will power to do it myself.

Door slamming down stairs "your fucking Erembour is a psychopath, and most likely dead I saw him getting shot a few times."

"Shh Lily is sleeping, they aren't dead either, they are perfectly safe." Sweating and tired, maybe sleeping would be a good thing right now, crawling into bed hissing through my teeth in pain as my body laid in rest.

"The man is the size of a child and you're trusting him with jobs like that?"

"They got the job done didn't they?"

"He questioned my authority."

"Jace, you haven't been here for a few years, that is bound to happen. Besides they are the same ranking as you at this point, being my right hand just like you are my left."

A massive thud, shaking the house, Jace was pissed. "How long ago did she go to sleep?"

"She's drunk, leave her alone."

"She should never be alone again. Ed was sending information about her to Kade Castor." There was a silence from them both.

"Erembour tried to get answers from him, Ed just said he had nothing useful to share about her to him." I steadied my breath. "She will be fine, I am not worried about Kade. I am the only one with information about her. No one in the city knows anything but me."

Jace growled, "He will know her friends and weaknesses."
"Again Jace, I am not worried."

There was heavy stomping before a door slammed. Conversation and everything was just completely over. Binx cuddled into me in bed. I tried so hard to ignore the pain but couldn't at all.

Barely getting any sleep through the rest of the night with how unbearable the pain was. By morning time Ryland had come up to give me toast, tea and some water.

"Do not move too much, I am going to head over to Poppy's and pick up some things. Stay in bed." He seemed peeved off still, either because of me getting hurt or the entire situation.