Chapter 18

Still no longer having to go to academics was absolutely amazing. Though I wish I could have been there for Emberleigh's first morning back. Now running to the school with Binx trailing behind me, looking at all the tons of new faces. New boys especially, even though I denied it with Em boys were really starting to grab my attention more, even more so that Jace wasn't around to distract me from them.

I actually started noticing them all. The new ones were really cute. I could practically hear Callen telling me how much he wanted to touch some of their butts or something perverted. So much so I swore I was seeing him pretend to grip one of their bums right now.

Em caught my vision breaking me from my hallucination and I ran up to her. "Yayyy Lily you're finally here!"

"Yup took me long enough I know." Up the hill I spotted Miss Barnes, still reminding me of Rayna. I missed her and June, yet I also wished they would stop showing up. I knew my mind was playing tricks on me showing them and even hearing their voices.

"Lil, oh my gods look!" I turned to see where she was looking, a boy our age he was tall and built very well, hair shaved other than the top which was longer showing off the beautiful golden hue. My heart fluttered a bit, oh gods was right.

"I think this is gonna be a great year!" Em held my arm, then looped her other around Hudson's taking us to Kent's class.

I have not seen Kent since that week, he had been over checking on me for a few days then vanished.

Propped up on his very tiny stool in the front smiling at me and everyone coming in. Still somewhat embarrassed, my teacher and adoptive fathers best friend saw me topless.

I sat at my normal table, Em did not enroll into this class again. Everyone piled in, a few new ones including the golden boy. I made sure not to look at him, though he walked right past me Callens table right behind me with a few other boys. I could have sworn he looked at me. Now blushing and feeling fuzzy in my belly. I bet Callens soul sitting in that chair is so damn happy.

"Welcome back and welcome. As many of you already know, I'm Kent the man that is going to teach you all about beasts and creatures and history."

The first class was like last year, him talking about what we were going to do this year. While he babbled on I ended up zoning out into a vision.

~~~

It was a massive room with a long table lined with about 50 chairs all around, people sitting in everyone, though they were all yelling and arguing with each other. It was as if I was deaf, not being able to hear a sound at all, only their emotions and rage.

It looked as though there was a barrier between them and me, like I was looking at something I shouldn't be through this clear jelly like wall.

My eyes rolled back and when I opened them I was awake sitting in the black room filled with stars reflecting everywhere. Sitting in front of me was a black shadow with blue violet eyes, "they are preparing, we all are."

What, I tried to speak but no sound came out. The shadow reached into the water and unsheathed a sword from it. Solid black obsidian, the blade was like two blades crossing and twisting into each other to a very sharp point.

He went to hold the blade out to me, as I was going to take it, my hand went right through like it was nothing then everything faded back to reality.

~~~

Kent was in front of me holding my shoulders and probably was just shaking me. I let my eyes clear out, no one was in the room, my heart was racing so fast, they are going to think I am so weird and hate me, "I dismissed everyone before they noticed. No one saw."

I nodded realizing now that he was holding a cloth to my face, my nose bleeding again.

"Maybe you should head home, I can get you-"

"no, I'm fine, I just need to clean up."

He nodded "alright then."

I took the cloth and went to the bathroom to clean myself up. Luckily it didn't get on my clothes, just all over my chin and neck. Looking at myself in the mirror to make sure nothing had changed on me either.

Em ran in "you okay Lil? Kent told me you were in here."

She took a breath in through her teeth as she saw the blood, "yeah I'm okay, just a nosebleed."

"You zoned out again, didn't you? I'm sorry I wasn't there to help."

Smiling, she reminded me of what Rayna would say, "it's alright, they happen all the time you know that." She helped me get situated before we went to Ione's.

As we entered the goddess of a woman looked between us then smiled. We took our seats and noticed the boy again. Duh he would be in all the classes... goodness I was in for it. This time he was across from me, and he was looking at me for sure.

Ione did her introduction, and before the trivia she liked to do she turned to me "Lily maybe sit this one out and let the others go." She winked at me, I felt like shrinking to nothing as I slouched down embarrassed and nodded.

"You better help me Lil." Em whispered to me. I tried to help her the best I could, but she did well on her own. Everyone did for the most part also, during the time I just doodled on a piece of paper random shapes and lines until class was over.

"Lily I'm sorry to bother you but could you bring some things down to my mother?"

Ione asked as we were all packing to leave "of course I can, I don't mind."

She started packing up a basket for me to take as everyone left. Em stayed with me until Hudson came, "I gotta go Lily, I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

Nodded at her "okay have fun Emberleigh."

"How's your first day back?" Ione sounded concerned, "yeah everything is okay, I just zoned out in Kents class."

She let out a cute laugh "he'd make me zone out too." I loved when she made light of situations.

It happened a few times in her class. The last time I was standing and fell into mud.

She handed me the basket "again, thank you so much, just a warning, she is down in her basement with someone. So just call down to her and leave the basket in the shop."

The apothecary was locked so I used my spare key, "Poppy! I have stuff for you from Ione. I'm leaving it up here alright?"

A slightly muffled "alright dear I will see you in the morning, thank you!"

"Do you need any help?" The door opened in the basement "no worries, I got it under control, you head on home okay?" Pained growls came from the basement room.

"Alright then, I'm around if you need it."