Chapter 45

They let me out of the castle to go to Poppy's services a few days later, practically the entire city came. She was celebrated for the entire day, everyone came to the center as Evander spoke for her.

I was on the side of the royal family though close enough to show I was with them. Ione was in the crowd, she didn't seem to be crying, most likely still in shock.

"Poppy was loved by everyone, no matter who or what they were, she selfishly put herself aside to treat them. A man took her away from us all, someone who I will not allow to get away with it. Poppy will forever live on and be with us."

The crowd started to get rowdy "Take down the crystals! Let us defend ourselves and the ones we love!" It was voices mixing with voices of people yelling agreeing with each other. Staring off into space, unable to care anymore their yells turned to muffles then silence.

"...Lily?.. Lily?" Snapping out of my trance Aiden was next to me holding my hand whispering in my ear, "lets get inside." Turning to him, defeated, he led me away to the castle.

Any weapon and armor I owned that was still in the bakery was taken away for going against Ryland and also having a near death experience. Jace could not even look at me not because of who I was but what he had done. Almost killing me in pure rage. Ryland said that he took away Jace's weapons and put him on probation for losing his temper.

Because of Poppy's passing, the King arranged for her shop to be cleared and brought into the castle. So I would continue her work with medication, just no treatments of injuries. It's been two weeks since it all happened and not a word came from my mouth.

Just stuck in my own thoughts, at night I snuck out and went to the library doing more research in the secret rooms and books but also hoping someone would find and kill me.

Emberleigh was in the castle nonstop practically living there, trying to get me to talk but there was just nothing to say. There were no more unexpected visits from Kade since I wasn't doing much anyways.

Walking to the greenhouse they set up for me, I was grabbed into a doorway by Aiden, "lets go talk."

Really not having a choice he walked me around the castle to a room with massive double doors. Opening it was like a whole house for a bedroom.

When entering we were met with a fireplace and couch, in a separate open room was a dining area. A closed door which opened up to his bedroom no doubt. The room was covered in colors of maroon and gold, it weirdly felt homey. He had me sit down on the couch then he sat next to me.

"I know you are sick of hearing the I'm sorrys, but I truly am. Though it's killing me and everyone else seeing you like this, it's even affecting Binx." My cethin had laid on the floor on my feet. Playing with my bracelet Ryland had given me, I hadn't taken it off since that day.

Aiden put his hand under my chin and gently turned me to him, "please talk to me."

Looking at him, he seemed desperate, "There is nothing to talk about Aiden."

He sighed, "what happened that night?"

The events played through my head vividly, "Kade killed Poppy because I got hurt, because someone stabbed me wrongfully and she took the blame." Just saying it outloud did lift off a bit of weight.