Chapter 46

He gave me a confused face, "Kade killed her?" He asked it like he was genuinely confused by it, "Lily, that makes no sense. It's not a very known thing by people, but she came here with Ione under Kade's command."

Putting my hands on either side of my head squeezing it, "what the fuck is fucking going on?!"

His hand went on my back, "that's why we are talking now, next time Kade comes you need to go with him."

"You're fucking insane." Aggressively turning to him wanting to hit him, "my parents work with the Sutara, Lily. They are the only ones who are essentia users that still side with them." It still wavering from this assumption he made.

"What do they even want then?" He shrugged, "I don't know, I just think that it's a power trip, mostly for my father." Tilting my head, "so why would you have me go to Kade?"

"I am not sure, just part of me knows you should go. Even more so because my father is trying so hard to get you to stay here."

Standing up, "you're just working for him to convince me to go. Aiden, he admitted to me that he sent the Rivaaks to the minster, he killed all of those children. My entire life changed because of him, then he just murdered Poppy. I don't doubt he was the one that sent the dobercur that killed Callen."

Shaking his head, "I know it seems that way, and I get that you trust no one right now, get into my fathers study and you'll see. My father is setting him up to be a bad man."

Standing up crossing my arms, "and what's it to say you aren't planting it in his office to make me believe it."

The sad part was, I was starting to believe him, it did make sense it just didn't make sense as to why I was involved. Maybe this is what Rayna meant by finding the prince.

"There's no way for me to get you to believe me. I know that."

"Why me, why am I involved?"

He shook his head, "I don't know Lil, no one does. It would make sense if you had essentia or something. My assumption is that the Sutara is hiding someone and they are using you as a decoy. I only came up with that because of how Kade and Evander are talking, the Sutara are up to something. If it was you they would have come and claimed you after the attack."

Sitting back down on the couch, "Kade said the Priest was experimenting on me and all the other kids, though I don't remember him doing anything like that to me. I do remember kids turning up so sick they died sooner after though."

"Maybe they were waiting for you to turn a certain age before doing anything?"

Shrugging "maybe, you don't think Ryland knows any of this?"

"No, I don't think so. If Ryland knew anything about that he would have taken you out of that place so much sooner. Besides he also doesn't care about higher political things, only about the people"

Aiden was right, Ryland never cared about these kinds of things. He was someone that cared about protecting the unfortunate. When it came down to the Kings and Queens even though they are his friends he turned away. Anyone I've killed was because not only did they wrong him, but they took advantage of others. He must have at least known some kind of connection with Sutara and the Kingdoms and just did not want to butt in just yet. I don't know for sure though. I feel like I do not know anything anymore.

"How do you lower the crystal in the library?"

He thought for a moment, "I'm honestly not sure."

I thought for a moment. "Those crystals can be mined though, well I think. King Nuriel said there were roamers that in Boreas there was a cave that had the crystals in it. Though no one knew for sure 'cause people with essentia never bothered to go. It being so cold there and with the crystals they couldn't use essentia to warm up. It makes sense though, it's not like these ones in the cities appeared out of nowhere."