Chapter 29

Poppy's was actually very busy. Then after work I spent some time with Em making sure she was okay. Jace was out with others anyways so today definitely wasn't gonna be a catch up day.

Ryland was in his office when I got in, "aye Lily I have a name." Sighing, I was hoping to be able to possibly be with Jace tonight. Dragging into the office he handed me a strip of paper 'Edward Runnings', "the dude at the docks?"

Bobbing his head, "yes. He has been lying about shipments he is receiving and holding them to sell to other parties. Evander believes he is shipping out goods to Thornegrave. We both want him dead, but I also want you to make an example of him to his crew in the warehouse. Edward is the only one to be killed, no one else."

Thinking a bit "so you want me to murder their leader, show them, then get out of a building with a horde of very pissed off men?"

A sharp nod, "yup, unless you don't think you could actually do it."

Crumbling the paper and throwing it in the lit fireplace, "I'll do it."

Donning on my armors, starting with my pants and boots. The wrapping myself into a kind of binder to flatten my chest. Hearing someone come in down stairs, "Is Lil in?"

Shit, debating on trying to rip off the armors as I heard my doorknob at the bottom of the stairs being turned, "no she's still out."

Quietly sighing in relief, I continued to slowly and quietly get the rest of the armor on. "She seems to be doing very well, is she? Or is her masking just really that good now?"

Their voices muffled through the floors. "She's doing good, from what I can tell. Actually, I have something for you to do, Jace."

Finishing braiding and tying off my hair, tucking it into my undershirt then pulling the tight cap and hood on followed by a half mask that covered my lower face.

Taking out my full mask, "my newest is out at the docks, taking down Edward Runnings, how about you go help them."

I am literally going to kill him, "I heard he worked alone?"

"Yeah, though now that many of you are back it's time for them to start working well with others."

I wanted to go down and wring his neck, "sure, what's his name even?"

"Erembour."

After my fifth kill the guild gave me the name, since they have also never seen me working at all, Erembour meaning who rides the shadows.

Clearly Erembour was not going to be able to leave the house through the tunnels. I inspected outside to make sure it was clear, climbed out and started skipping across the rooftops.

Perching myself on a roof peak gripping on a chimney overlooking the docks. Men hustling around hoisting crates back and forth from boats and warehouses. Scoping them all out, trying to find Edward through the mix, or at least hear if anyone mentions him.

After a bit of searching I was able to find him, walking off a ship calling orders to men about different barrels, heading towards his warehouse.

Starting to creep down the tiles slowly, to head towards a window to the building, "yo, you're Erembour right?"

Jace scared the living shit out of me, not even focusing on behind me I was just fully focused on my target. Note to self stop letting my guard down.

Holding up a hand to stop him while not saying a word, "you are fucking tiny, you're like 150 lbs soaking wet."

Turning towards him now, "170 lbs actually, now shut up and go away."

"Sorry no can do, boss told me to come and help you out. I can tell why you might need the help Ed is gonna slam your sorry ass on the ground in seconds."