Chapter 38

Getting myself cleaned up a bit then going down to the dining hall where it was Amice, Evander and Aiden, along with the other leaders, no mercenaries though at least not that I could see right now.

They all looked at me silently, as if trying to think of what to say. Aiden had pulled out a seat next to him, his mother on the left of me then next to her was Evander at the end.

Walking around to the seat he even pushed me in, Binx laid down right on my feet. We all got served and thankfully with wine even though it was just like the one at the ball, weak as hell. The silence was maddening, I took to looking in the shadows being able to actually spot out a couple of the hidden mercenaries, Ryland wasn't included in them.

"Lily should come with me to Tandie tomorrow. It's safer there for her." Nuriel broke the silence which started a massive yelling argument between them all. I wasn't able to catch up with any of them yelling over themselves.

Evander pounded the table. "Quiet! All of you" everyone was on edge, and we all were clueless but him.

"She's staying here and that's the end of it."

"You should send out Rylands man, Erembour is it? Get him to just go and kill Kade." King Keira would have a good point, but unfortunately Erembour was out of commission right now sitting in front of him.

"Erembour has been missing for days now. Ryland hasn't even seen him, so that's out of the question. As far as we know he is dead from his last mission he took on."

Nuriel laughed, "That's a lie, Ryland knows exactly where he is and what's going on. I can't believe I am going to say this but Keira is right, if anyone could do it Erembour could."

Amice was looking at them both, "vouching for a man that's killed many of your own. How about you both send out your best men first and see if they can do the job. Unless your men are just that bad."

She was right, they were just trying to get rid of someone that was a threat and issue for them, but their pride took over when she took jabs at them.

Kallie laughed, "maybe we could just make it a competition between us all, send out our best to get rid of Kade."

Them not being upset with Evander for hiding something, and practically being the one to start this war was a bit strange to me. They must actually know what their deal is about, they'd have to because if I was any of them I'd be long gone from here trying to protect my own people and stand my own ground.

'Find out these lies for yourself and save yourself. Run from Ernaline.' Kade's words replayed in my mind, though they were just that. Words. Even so, I felt like nothing in my life was ever true, everyone always lied to me and his words actually felt genuine.

He knew that they lied.

There would be no reason for him to lie to me at all, nothing to gain if he wanted me he would take me which he will in almost a half year.

My mind started replaying what I found in the hidden basement, all the writings from the Sutara weren't just from the priest they were very very old from way before him.

They had begun arguing again somewhat breaking my daydreaming, being over it I just got up and left as I did they had gone silent.

Back in my room I took a long hot bath, to relax and to also sooth my wounds and swelling. Getting myself ready for bed, practically dragging myself into it.

Binx laid at my feet facing at the door, I took my poison doses gulping down a few glasses of water before letting myself get comfortable.

Sleep grabbed me almost instantly, a mixture of stress, depression and just physical pain was making me so tired, not even wanting to get out of bed. Through the night my dreams were filled with what would be behind the bookcases in the library.