Chapter 44

Getting out of the underground about to climb a wall I was pressed into it, face first into the bricks. "You fucking idiot what the fuck is wrong with you."

Jace, he turned me around to face him. Seeing his face made my heart ache and had me feel beyond guilty about my time with Aiden.

Speechless just looking at him, his eyes bright blue and pissed. "You almost fucked up everything, did Ryland send you?"

Welp shit, "Nah I wanted to have some fun, then the meat heads came and made it all entertaining. Never been here before so I needed to check it out."

Gripping my shoulders hard and slamming me in the bricks. "What did Claeg want with you?"

What a stupid name, glad he didn't tell me himself I would have laughed in his face. "Eh this and that."

"This isn't a fucking joke." Slamming me again against the bricks. "He offered me three times what Ryland pays me to switch sides."

Just as I finished my sentence I felt a warm pain near my sternum. He stabbed me, without hesitation.

"Jace. Stop!" I pleaded and gripped onto his arm.

He twisted the knife into me, unbarable pain shot through my body, "going to fucking backstab us all you little fucking cunt."

My body started to slump against his hand and knife. I coughed, blood splattering the inside of my masks. He pulled out the knife and stabbed again.

This has to be a fucking dream I must of gotten knocked out and this is a dream. Sobbing under my mask tears soaking into the cloth that goes over my mouth and nose.

Jace took my shoulder pushing me off him to look at him, yanking the knife out then putting it to my neck and grabbing my mask ripping it off.

He froze, his eyes going back to normal throwing the knife to the ground. "No. No. No. No. No. I'm sorry." He did not even have to see the rest of my face to know who I was.

Pressing his hand to the stab wounds hard. "Holy fuck no."

He picked me up and ran, "Lily stay with me, please. Look at me."

Thunder rolled in, and started pouring rain on us, warm summer rain. Lightning lit up the skies making the stars and moon disappear. Odd, it was just clear skies before this. He kicked down a door, all I saw was wistaria, Poppy's place.

"POPPY! Please! Poppy!" His voice was cracking from panic and sobs. Laying me on a table still pressing hard onto me, footsteps rushing down the stairs "what is it dear, what's happ-" a sharp breath came from Poppy.

"Get Ryland now."

Poppy was clinking jars and things around, I started feeling dizzy and spacey. "You gotta stay with me Lily."

She took off my armors other than my pants, putting pressure on me still getting stuff together, I started to feel numb at my toes and fingers. "How's the castle Lily? I've heard it's gorgeous inside."

She was trying to get me to stay responsive. Nodding at her slowly, I felt like I couldn't breathe, like I was drowning. Coughing up more blood it splattering everywhere. On my chin and chest. Jace and Ryland rushed in, as they got to me Ry punched Jace so hard I could hear bones cracking.

"P-poppy?" I gasped for air, it wasn't as painful as the arrows, that's for sure. The arrows dug around inside of me, this was smooth in and out. But then again just being punctured by any sharp object fucking sucked.

"Her lung has been punctured, it seems to be it other than bleeding."

She started yelling commands at them to get her stuff, when she started stitching me that's when the pain started, choking on my squeals.