Pilot-1

"This job is eating me alive. I can't breathe anymore. I spent all these years trying to be the good guy, the man in the white hat. I'm not becoming like them. I am them." Jake Peralta dramatically said in front of a handy-cam in an electronics store that he, Amy Santiago and Sam Cooper were investigating. 

"Hey! What are you doing weirdo?" Amy interrupted his serious expressions into a face of laughter and confusion. Sam was watching them in amusement while being next to the goofy police detective whom she thought of as an older brother. 

"He's doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco." the youngest detective said. 

"Or actually... ten of me are doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco." he corrected her and flipped the camera towards Sam making her face visible on the ten surrounding screens as she said, "What's up?" making the other female detective huff in annoyance. 

"Get it together the both of you, okay?" she said with a sigh before continuing to ask the shop owner about further details for the investigation of the robbery. Both Jake and Sam separated to take a look at for any resourceful items on the crime scene when suddenly an 80's hip-hop beat started playing cause of Jake. 

"Sorry" he apologized quickly to Amy before he saw Sam motioning him to come near her. 

"I'd like a list of all your employees, whoever had access to the store. I'd also like to apologize for my partner. His parents didn't give him enough attention." she said to the owner.

"Uh, Detective... me and Sam already solved the case." Jake said. "We're looking for three white males, one of whom has sleeve tats on both arms." Sam continued on their lead and then high-fived him.

"And how do you know that?" Amy inquired.

"I had an informant on the inside. He's been here for years. Watching, learning. Waiting. His code name?" he held a stuffy bear before continuing, "Fuzzy Cuddle bear." he said in a deep dramatic voice.  

"He's a nanny cam." Sam added triumphantly as she flipped the bear over to show the end of a camera which was apparently inside it.

"You both got lucky." Amy scoffed.

"No... we got here five minutes before you and figured that in this gigantic electronics store, there had to be at least one working camera." Jake said boastfully while Sam plugged the camera into the TV screens, broadcasting the recorded video of two guys stealing. 

"Oh! Hi, bad guys! You did it, fuzzy. You busted 'em. It's time to come home." Jake talked to the stuff toy. 

Suddenly started imitating the bear's voice as he held him up next to his face. Sam just knew what was gonna happen. "I'm not sure if I can. I've been undercover so long, I've forgotten who I am. I have seen terrible things. I haven't known the touch of a woman in many moons."

And as expected, Amy left with Sam leaving a rejected Peralta behind as they walked out of the shop. "He just never stops flirting does he?" she asked the younger detective walking next to her. "You know he doesn't" Sam said with a smirk and left to head to the precinct.

A few hours later, both Jake and Amy walked into the bullpen holding the three perps from the morning's case as Sam watched them put them in the cell before the two fellow detectives walked into each other.

※※

"They are awfully gross." Nick commented from in front of Boyle's desk, where he usually worked at. Sam turned around to see the interaction between him and Charles over the fermented things he kept in his desk drawers. 

"They are natural and fermented, they are obviously meant to smell. You are literally half Korean and part Japanese, you shouldn't be bothered by it." the fragile detective defended.