Christmas-2

"It's a safe house, son! You been protected!" Jake exclaimed making Sam groan and whip her head towards him. "What is going on?" she asked him. "Get out of my way. I'm leaving." Holt said ignoring her doubts as he headed towards the door.

"You refused to stay at your desk, you evaded your protection detail. Sorry: I'm ordering you to stay. God, I love giving you orders!" Jake said happily. "Can anyone explain me the context of what is happening?" Sam asked them frustrated. 

"I've been made in charge of keeping our dear Captain Holt safe as he is has been receiving death threats. I am in complete charge of him." he explained.

"Not only are you being incredulous but have also trapped Samantha in your shenanigans. If you want me to stay, you're going to have to physically stop me. Can you do that, Peralta? Didn't think so. Let's go, Samantha." Holt said and was walking out along with Sam when Peralta pulled them both back and cuffed them with each other.

"Jake!" "Peralta!" Sam and Holt both shouted but then the detective cuffed himself with Holt's other hand quickly and showed off the keys.

"Oh no! We're handcuffed together and we've lost the key!" he said as he tossed the keys into the nearby vent drain on the floor. Sam and Holt exclaimed as they helplessly saw the keys disappear into the floor.

"Falconer One to HQ: Stone Eagle is in the cage. Repeat: Stone Eagle is in the cage." Jake said into make believe comms while Sam glared at him with an icy look. "Falconer One is about to die in hands of Scarlet Rose." she said seething in anger making Jake get frightened a bit.

"Oh boy." he said and Sam started to hit him with one hand repeatedly making the Captain having to separate them both to keep them both alive.

※※※

"I told you the death threat was not serious. So: what. On Earth. Are you doing?" Holt said. "I know you think I'm just goofing around, but I was ordered to protect you, by your boss. From here on out, we are in lockdown." Jake concluded.

"I don't want to be in lockdown. I have a gala to attend with my boyfriend in Manhattan. I was supposed to leave early today." Sam complained. "Sorry sweetie, no choice."

"Fine. But before we go into lockdown-" Holt said. "Too late, you're in it." Jake corrected him.

"I'd like to text my husband and tell him I'll be coming home late." the Captain said. "Yeah and I'd like to tell William that I won't be showing up at the party tonight. Again, cause of you." Sam said and pulled out her phone to call the billionaire as she moved a bit away from the two idiots she was forced to be with.

"Hey babe." William greeted on the phone. "Hey." she replied. "So about tonight, have you reached home?" he asked her. "No, I haven't. Actually, I called you to say that I might no be able to come to the gala tonight. I'm sorry." she said with an apologetic tone. "Again, seriously? What's happened now?" he asked a bit annoyed. "Jake has me and Captain Holt cuffed together and we are currently in lockdown at a safe house." 

"Sam, tonight was supposed to be about us. We haven't seen each other for two weeks except for facetime. All I wanted to have on Christmas was you and me together. Don't I deserve that with my girlfriend at least?" he complained. "I know, I know. I even said I was gonna leave early but this happened very last minute. I promise I'll be there as soon as I get free." she tried to make it up. 

"Well, I'm not going there now. I wanted to be there with you. Anyways, good luck on your lock down." "I'm sorry." "Good bye now and stay safe." "Good bye." and with that she cut the call. She saw Holt look at her softly while Jake looked around for some stuff in the box next to them.