Halloween-2

Sam was discussing some paperwork issues in one of her cases with Amy when Charles showed up at her desk with a disapproving look. "Here we go again." Sam muttered under her breath.

"You paid money to get out of working with me?" he asked with an unbelieving tone.

"You actually did that?" Sam asked Amy surprised.

"Charles, I had to. Tonight has been awful. Halloween is the worst, and I don't understand why you like it." she truthfully admitted. Sam understood that. She hadn't liked Halloween as a kid because her parents would never appreciate the costumes she would put together with much effort, like a robot costume or a princess one. All they used to see was her older brother who they had always favored over her. It was only as an adult that she started enjoying the holiday when she moved out of her house for college and signed up into the police academy.

She used to be neighbors with Jake until she bought an apartment by herself. She'll forever be grateful to Jake and his mother to make the holidays enjoyable for her.

"No, all the things that you think are bad about Halloween are what make it great. The big kids egg you. Then you and your friends run away together. Friendships are forged in the crucible of Halloween adversity. That's all I wanted for us." the man said making Amy feel guilty more than ever.

"You can keep the wig. I don't need it anymore." he said as he dropped the egg clad wig on her desk. "I don't really need it either." she said.

"I feel so bad right now." she admitted to Sam. "I mean, I don't blame you if you feel the night was bad for you. But the guy is just heartbroken and it's just the worst." Sam said.

"Who's side are you on?" Amy asked her confused. "God's." the girl stated with a shrug. 

※※※

The desks were shifted aside in the bullpen as some space was made by Jake for the execution of his plan. "Hey, Captain Holt, can you come out here for one sec?" he asked the Captain.

"You need something, Peralta?" the Captain said with a sigh as he stepped out of his office. "Yes, I do. Hit it, royal babies." he said and a flashmob of the Royal baby perps began and started throwing replicas of Holt's keys around.

Soon the Captain who was surrounded by the royal babies, got out of the chaos and hurried to his office and finds Jake there copying the original keys.

"What... no!" he exclaimed in disappointment.

"Give me my keys." Holt said in his monotonous tone. "Will you stop catching me? Do you have any idea how much I spent on key chains?" Jake said.

"$23." the man replied. "Wow, that is unbelievably close. 22.76." Jake said in an unbelieving tone. "Keys" the captain demanded.

"Okay, look. Tonight has been a little humiliating. Things are not going well, so I'm gonna just throw this out there. What do you say we call off the bet and pretend this whole thing never happened?" he tried to reason.

"Oh, I'm not letting you off the hook." Holt declined.

"What? No. Pfft. I meant to give you an out, so you could save face." Jake said smoothly to save himself an insult. 

"This is getting sad." Holt said tauntingly. "Yeah, for you." Jake said as he threw the keys back to Holt and left the office.

※※※

"Captain, sorry to interrupt. Some officers just arrested Peralta." Amy said as she rushed into Holt's office. "What?"

"They caught him scaling the side of the building with a blowtorch" she informed him and the Captain hurried to the interrogation room to sit with Peralta now dressed in dark colored clothes.