The Party-2

Nick was holding a plate to serve himself some lobster bites when he heard someone call out for him. "Nick?" a fair woman wearing a blue dress called out for him. 

"Michelle?" he said immediately recognizing the woman. "Oh my God, hi." she said as she hugged him lightly. 

"How come you're here?" he asked. "Oh, Kevin Cozner is my mentor. He invited me for the party. How about you?" she said.

"His husband aka, the birthday boy is my C.O. at nine nine." he said and she nodded in understanding.

"So, how have you been all these ten years?" she asked. "I've been good. I'm a Detective for the P.D. now. So, yeah. What about you?" he asked.

"I'm an art curator." Michelle said. "That's great. So you must be travelling around a lot." 

"Yeah, I have to. I'm usually in Spain but I'm here for work reasons and I guess some more now." she said, clearly flirting.

"Noice." he said and took a bite of the crab cakes.

※※※

Sam was walking around chatting with a few groups when she spotted Daniel there along with another man he was stood next to, his fiancé, Spencer. She gulped all of her wine in a go and handed the empty glass to the waiter as she walked towards her brother.

"Hello, grooms to be." she greeted them. "Ah, Sammy." Daniel said a bit irritated. "Hey, Sam." Spencer greeted back. "Hey, Spence." 

"I'll get us some drinks." Daniel said and left Spencer and her alone to talk. Spencer let out a deep sigh just as he was gone. "Was that a sigh?" Sam asked awkwardly. 

"I don't know, Sam. Something doesn't feel right." he said. "With the crab cakes or me? Or is the drink?" she asked confused.

"It's none of that. It's Daniel." he clarified. "Oh. But what about my brother makes you feel unsettled?"

"Us. Him and I, we -we just don't feel right with the whole wedding thing." he admitted.

"Oh God, no. Spencer, it's just the wedding jitters. That's it. You don't have to doubt your relationship with Daniel." she tried at convincing.

Just then Daniel walked towards. "Spencer, I have to talk to you about something really important." he said sharply.

"We should call off the wedding." Daniel added. "Yes." Spencer replied.

"Noooo!" Sam yelled.

※※※

"You two should think this through. It's definitely a compulsive decision." Sam said as the group of three were now in Holt's bedroom upstairs, they had to sneak in. 

"This is not a compulsive decision, Sam. We've thought about this." Daniel said.

"We're not ready for this big of a commitment." Spencer said.

"You guys have been together for five years. That's some great commitment already!" the detective reasoned.

"I don't think I can anymore with him." Spencer said. "What do you mean? Are you saying I'm the problem here?" Daniel asked infuriated.

"Don't you know that already? You wouldn't mind my personal space at home or work. All of my things are merging as yours." the Sergeant argued.

"I mean isn't that gonna happen anyways if you're living together?" Sam commented, earning a look from both the men. "Sorry, my mouth's shut now." she added.

"You made me shift my book space into the bedroom shelf cause you wanted to keep yours in the living room." the Lieutenant argued back.

"Well I just want our guests to think we have some very good taste in literature and writing. What about the plants you made me shift outside in the yard?" Spencer asked.