Unsolvable-2

"All right, Frank, let's recap, shall we?" Jake asked the convict who was on the medical bed with various machines and saline attached to him. Nick flipped out the medical notepad next to the bed.

"You slipped and fell onto a shiv. Then you got up and fell backwards onto another shiv. And finally one last shiv fell from the ceiling and into your body." he read out.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think you got shivved." Jake said amused. "What do you guys want?" Frank asked.

"We wanna make a deal. You know anything about the murder of Nate Dexter?" Terry asked. "Maybe. What do I get if I do?" the convict asked.

"How about a transfer to another cell block? One with fewer shivs." Nick proposed. Frank sighed with a thought. "Okay." he agreed. "I can't be sure, but I think Dexter owed money to a guy named Sam Bunsen." he informed the officers.

"And... that's a new lead! First lead in years." Jake cheered. "You were right." Terry agreed with a smile until Jake started singing his song and they left the medical wing.

Just then, Nick felt his butt vibrate but realized it was just his phone he had to keep on silent. He saw the name on the caller ID and immediately picked it up.

"Sam! Hey, sorry I couldn't call you earlier. We just got a lead on the Dexter case." he said immediately. 

"Oh that's, that's great although, that isn't what I called you for." Sam spoke followed by the noise of Marilyn barking in her background. "Marilyn don't bark loudly!" Sam shouted at the dog.

"Wait, you're home? Why are you home?" Nick asked. "Yeah, about that, I uh picked up your parents from the airport and we drove to the hotel but there was slight misconception due to a little miscommunication and that lead to a little messier situation-" she rambled on.

"Why are you rambling? You only ramble when you're stressed!" Nick said concerned. "Your parents are here. At home." she spoke directly.

"Wait, why are they at home?" he asked confused. "I just told you the 'why' and you said not to ramble!" she stressed and the oven bell rang loudly in the kitchen making her rush into taking out the lasagna.

"Alright, alright, my bad. So you directly brought them home with you?" he inquired. "Yeah, there was no other choice. All the suites were booked and your dad needed a jacuzzi in the room, which he by the way calls as 'Jacubbi' but it's cute and your mom is gorgeous by the way, like her skin is amazing like glass-"

"You're rambling again." he pointed out. "I know I'm rambling again!" she cried followed by a sigh. "I'm just stressed out a little, this whole thing's a little minute and I'm not sure what to make for your parents for dinner. Also we had takeout for lunch so that's not an option for now." Sam explained.

"See, this is why I didn't wanna bring them home cause you get stressed out a bit quick. I'm coming home." Nick reasoned. "No no, I'm don't mean to complain. They're cool and your dad's really amazing, I'd like to make them feel comfortable." she said.

"Listen, don't worry about this, okay? I'll handle it. You need to solve this case cause it'll be your greatest personal achievement of having solved case 52ABX-32QJ." she added. Nick sighed. 

"It'll be all okay. Just focus on the case, I'll manage here." Sam assured him. "Thankyou so much, I didn't mean to burden you with them-" he started talking. "It's no burden, it's exactly how I would've loved to be with my parents." she interrupted.

"Thankyou, really." he said. "It's no problem. Goodbye and goodluck." she said and dropped the call. "Goodbye, love." he said and widened his eyes on realization but saw the call had already been dropped.