Charges and Specs-1

A/N: We are finally on the last episode of season 1. I can't believe we've made it this far. Thankyou for having supported this book for sooooo long. I know I haven't been a regular writer much lately but I'll make it up for ya'll in the next chapter (I PROMISE YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED)

Also, a very sincere request to all my readers.. It would very appreciated if you all could just comment at some parts of the chapter or any moment or line you find funny. It really adds to the motivation and gives me and others a good laugh. 

Won't talk much now, lets head into the chapter...

↜↝

"All right, listen up. What you're about to see is highly disturbing, but please, no comments. This man is in pain, so above all else, be kind." Jake announced as he sprinted into the bullpen using the stairs.

Sam who had been drinking tea looked up to see the elevator door open to reveal an all black-clothing ensembled Charles walk in holding a black suitcase and wearing black shades. 

"Good morning, Boyle." Terry greeted him first. "Let's just get it out there. Vivian broke up with me last night. The wedding's off, and this is what I'm like now. Life is a pit." he said in a monotone.

"Excuse me? I don't understand. Did you already have a Matrix getup at home for some reason?" Gina asked this above all. "No, Gina, I bought this with the money I was going to spend on our honeymoon to Cape Canaveral." he explained.

"I'm so sorry, buddy." Nick spoke from next to Gina. "Don't be, I'm settling into the darkness nicely. I definitely get you now." Charles replied pointing at Rosa who shared a worried look with Sam but soon noticed a tad bit of weirdness in her.

She noticed her desk-mate drinking 'tea'. She knew Sam wasn't much fan of tea but what surprised her even more was that the girl wouldn't talk much with Nick anymore. Rosa thought about asking her about it later.

"What you got there, Boyle?" Terry asked again. "Eggs in a bag. Nothing brings me joy anymore, not even food. Now, I only eat for sustenance." he said as he pulled out a boiled egg and took a bite.

Sam totally felt his pain, except she wasn't in a relationship. Her heart was broken someone so close to her whom she could never be with. She had spent her share of nights in her room munching on ice while she watched some romance tragedies on her laptop.

Just then the squad discussion was broken up after Captain Holt called Jake to his office. Rosa took that as her chance and leaned forward in her to talk to Sam. "Hey, you good? You've been silent this whole week." she asked.

"I'm just solving my cases. Don't you see I'm on a winning streak?" Sam replied pointing her head towards the post-it note on her calendar scribbled with a count of 19 cases solved within a week.

"But you don't seem happy with that." the curly haired detective pointed it out. Sam let out a deep sigh. "I am happy. It's just the stress from this case and.. I need a file from the lockers. Talk to ya later." she said getting up from her seat and walk away.

※※※

Nick watched every move of hers. He wasn't sure why Sam was being closed off from him. She wouldn't talk to him much, never drank coffee anymore. He had seen her take out ice from the fridge and chomp on it in her room during the nights.

He thought he knew her but something was up with her ever since the morning his parents told him they were looking out for someone for him to marry. He was still heartbroken of having told her about the 'thing' yet.

Sam had been solving cases ruthlessly for the whole week. He had observed her talk less with the squad and would stay out on the weekend and come back home smelling of liquor, luckily Nick's parents had moved out and stayed at a hotel.