The Mole-2

"That was insane." Amy said as she shut the trunk and Nick helped put boxes in Jake's hands while they stood outside the precinct building. "I mean, who else is hooking up that we don't know about? Rosa and Terry? Holt and Scully? You and Hitchcock?" Jake vented out, still not being able to process the whole thing.

"You need to forget about Charles, okay? You need to get inside and put those files back. We still gotta find the mole before the I.A.B. guy does." Nick reminded Jake who nodded and left to head inside. 

"Wait, wait, wait. Why'd I get Hitchcock?" Amy asked confused. "Because you're the girl version of him." he stated simply getting an offended look from her. "Thanks again for all your help. Okay, bye!" he said before walking inside the building with Nick.

Nick decided to wait at his desk, posing to arrange his desk supplies while Jake went to keep the files back. It was only a few moments later that the detective walked out with Lieutenant Miller. He had been caught red handed.

After a moments or few, Jake walked out in a hurry and Nick got up from his seat to listen to what he had to say. "What happened in there?" he asked first. "He caught me keeping those files again and now I'm getting suspended tomorrow, yet again." he said stressed.

"Oh my God.." Nick sighed deeply. "We gotta back you up, Jake and figure out who's the real mole to save you from suspension." he added. "That's exactly what I was gonna say. Let's got to Captain Holt's and we'll figure it out together." he said nodding. "Alright." Nick said getting his stuff again and they left together.

※※※

Jake rung the doorbell to Holt's house and Nick stood behind him. It was Kevin who opened the door. "Kev!" Jake said enthusiastically. "Jake, it's after midnight. This had better be about a murder." he said disappointed. "No, I wish." Jake said with a sigh.

"Hey, Kevin." Nick spoke up immediately. "Look, I'm really sorry, but we really have to talk to Captain Holt." he added. "Raymond, your work life is here. Please, come in. Take off your shoes." the man said opening the door wider for them to come in.

"Neither of us want that." Jake said entering with his shoes on. "I'll remove them." Nick said immediately keeping them properly aside. "What is going on, Peralta and Lee?" Holt asked annoyed,

"This has been a long day. Well, I.A.B. caught me returning some classified files, and I am now the prime suspect in the mole investigation, and Miller said I would be suspended in the morning." he replied with seriousness. 

"But more importantly, what does the "J" stand for? James? John? Jo-Jo?" he kept guessing making Nick shake his head in worry for what the night had planned for them. "My middle name is more important to you than being suspended?" Holt asked.

"If it's Jo-Jo? Yes." Jake answered. "Look Sir, we came here because we have to figure this thing out. Miller is sure there's a mole in the precinct, and the only way to prove it's not Jake is to figure out who it is." Nick said taking over the matters.

"You said there was no mole. You said you knew everything about these people." Holt said pointedly to Jake. "Well, it turns out I don't, at least not everyone. I've learned some truly horrible things tonight. You were right, and I was wrong." Jake admitted to him.

"Goodness. Boyle is sleeping with Gina?" Holt asked away immediately. "What? How could you possibly know that?" Jake asked surprised at how he figured it out immediately.

""You were right and I was wrong." You must have been shaken to your core to say that to me. Boyle is your most trusted friend, so he has to be involved. Your use of the word "horrible" leads me to believe that the matter was sexual in nature, given your obvious immaturity." Holt explained.