M.E. Time-2

Sam and Nick were running around the hallways of the ballroom looking for William and the fake Hanson. "I can't believe I lost him. All my month's efforts-" Sam started to talk guiltily but was cut off mid sentence by the fellow detective who grabbed her hand making them both stop.

"Sam, you've done a great job at it. It wasn't your fault you didn't know that it wasn't Mr. Hanson with you two. We'll get him safely. Trust yourself." Nick said making Sam nod in confidence and they continued searching for him.

Nick and she had separated their ways by now as they walked with their guns in hand. Nick was just passing by the hall when he saw a waiter sneaking into a room. He alerted Sam on the comms and quickly followed the waiter. He opened the door by half an inch and saw William being held by two men in waiter uniforms and there stood the fake Mr. Hanson.

"Sam, I found him." Nick whispered into the comms. "I'm reaching there." she replied back. Just  then Nick felt a gun over the back of his head.

"Raise your hands!" the man with the gun ordered and Nick followed.

※※※

Sam was following the tracker she had fitted inside William's shoe and had just turned around the corner when she saw a few men taking Nick in with them. He was caught.

Inside the room, the kidnappers had the both men tied to a chair as they surrounded them with their guns pointed at their heads.

"You are doing a mistake, fake Hanson." Nick gritted through his teeth.

"Am I though?" the man asked with a sinister smile.

"What do you want from me? I'll give you everything you want! Just let us go." William said as he struggled against the ropes he was tied to the chair with.

The man only chuckled in response and proceeded to take off his mask to reveal him being the journalist from earlier. 

"Mark? You just interviewed me earlier... Are you even a journalist?" the billionaire asked him dumb founded.

"No no William, I am a journalist by profession before I knew who I really was." Mark said.

"Who are you really?" Nick asked him cautiously.

"I am Mark Reign, the first born of Gerald Reign and your dear brother who is the rightful heir to the Reign Group." he said.

"How is that even possible?" William asked with a shocked expression.

"Our father was quite the lady's man, dear brother. He had an affair with his then secretary, my mom but he wouldn't accept us. I only got to know it last year when my mother told me that on her death bed. Guess he was really ashamed of me." he said before they all the sound of an engine revving.

A truck suddenly burst in through the walls of the room and the men started firing at it. Nick, who had already freed himself while Mark talked, also got up and started fighting with the men. William could only watch the scene unfold before him as Sam then started to fight Mark.

She threw punches one after the other and got the man down on his knees. Soon many geared officers of the task force entered the room and were left to handle the men. Sam quickly came to William's aid and freed him from the chair. 

"You okay? I wasn't late, was I?" she asked him immediately.

"You drove in a truck? That was BADASS!" William said in excitement not long before a gunshot was heard and Sam pushed him aside to the floor. William looked at her as she held a spot on her shoulder and turned to see Mark with a gun pointed at her.