The Pontiac Bandit Returns-2

Sam was at her desk when she got a call from Daniel. "Hey, Dan. What's up?" she said on answering the call. "You guys gonna be there for dinner right?" Daniel asked. "Yeah, definitely. You know Nick likes the turkey you made." she said smiling.

"Yep, I'm well known. So... you're cool about Mum and Dad being at the dinner right?" he asked. "Yeah, things are alright between us. Is Dad cool about you and Spencer though?" Sam asked with a slight tone of worry.

"He's come around. A for his effort of accepting Spence. I... God, I'm so nervous about tonight." Daniel said the last part accidentally. "Why? What's happening tonight?" Sam questioned on hearing that. After a skip of beat, she asked again, "Daniel, what's happening tonight?" with more concern.

"Uh.. so..... Spencer and I.... have deci-actually, we are..." the brother spoke nervously. "You guys are..? Just spit it out, bro." "God, fuck it. We're adopting a baby." Dan blurted out.

"Oh my God! Daniel, that's an amazing news!" Sam congratulated excitedly and wholeheartedly. "We're bringing her home in the afternoon and introducing you all to her at dinner." Daniel spoke happily and content.

"You have a daughter?! Oh my God, I'm an aunt to a beautiful niece- Dan, I'm gonna cry." Sam said emotionally. "I'm gonna spoil her with gifts. Oh, Marilyn's gonna love her- Nick too- Gosh I'm over-excited right now." 

"Yeah, you need to chill. Don't get her gifts yet, don't wanna ruin the surprise for Mum and Dad." Dan said with a chuckle. "I AM GETTING HER GIFTS." "Ok, fine. Oh- we better leave to get her home. See ya later." he said. "Buh bye. I can't wait!" Sam hung up the call and got up to search for Nick.

She went into the breakroom to find him and saw Charles and Gina there. Charles, wearing gloves and holding a tweezer as they both examined a wrapped gift box. "Okay, we just unwrap it, we see what's inside, then we perfectly rewrap it. Our parents never know what happened." Charles spoke with nervousness in his voice.

"Ugh, lord, you're starting to sweat." Gina said, disgusted with Charles and started to dab his face. "You're gonna blemish the wrapping paper." she complained. "You're dabbing me really hard." he complained more.

"What are you two doing?" Sam asked confused at their exchange. "Oh, the biggest nightmare of our lives." Gina said, still having Sam under confusion. "Gina's mom and my dad are smooshing booties." Charles said.

"Ugh." Sam reacted at his choice of words. "Don't make it sound even worse than it is!" Gina scolded him. "This is weird Sweet Home Alabama stuff with y'all. First you two, now your  parents.." Sam observed.

"You know what? This is taking too long. Just scooch, you pooch." Gina said, taking lead as she now sat on the chair and used her nails to skillfully open the tape and wrapping. "Wow." Sam said proudly. "You are amazing. How did you do that?" Charles said with bewilderment. 

"I always open my gifts in advance, so I can rehearse my reactions and nail those Christmas-morning candids." Gina said. "Typical Gina." Sam shrugged. "Check it out. Be-wonderment. Disbe-loving it. Sparkle-surprise." she really nailed those expressions.

"I like that." Charles said. "Now focus up. Your dad got my mom... A digital scale?" Gina was confused at the choice of gift. "Uff..." Sam sighed with disappointment. "That's bad." Charles wondered.

"So bad, so wonderfully bad. Your dad might as well have circled all the parts of my mom's body he didn't like with a marker." Gina said. "You did that to me." Charles pointed out. "Guys I'm right here." Sam reminded them to not gross her out even more. 

"And it didn't help at all." Gina remarked, ignoring Sam's request. "Nope." Charles agreed. "My mom is gonna hate this gift. And she'd hate it even more if we were both there when she opened it." Gina plotted.