The Tagger-2

It was just turning into afternoon as Terry and Sam worked together in the briefing room over the latter's cover story. She was to act as Nina Sorbet, William's new assistant.

"So Nina, how did you find out about this job?" Terry asked her pretending to be one of the chatty office people Sam may encounter while undercover. He was making sure of having her trained well for this.

"I worked for a management firm when I came across an email from Mr. Hanson who wanted me to apply for the job immediately." Sam conjured up an answer to it. 

"Atta girl! What do you think about Mr. Reign's sexy face? Also could you pass my message to Mr. Terrance Jeffords, on your right, that I'd like to accompany him to the gym to see him shirtless?" Right, and Gina was there too.

"What the hell, Gina! Why aren't you at your desk assisting Captain Holt?" Terry asked getting fed up with her questions all this time.

"Captain is still out with Jake and Nick for the wiener painter and I've kept the phone receiver on the table so I won't have to pick up any calls." the woman said smoothly.

"That's literally your job, Gina! What if it's an important call from your home?" Terry asked her again.

"Jokes on you, if you think I take my job seriously. And secondly, you clearly haven't listened to my voice message." Sam just laughed at this making the woman smile in accomplishment of having reduced the younger detective's stress. Just then Scully walked urgently in the briefing room and looked at Sam.

"There's a hotshot blonde man here for you, Sam and he's got things arranged in the break room. I really wish they are all chips." the big baby like man said smilingly and left. 

Sam quickly walked to the break room followed by Terry and Gina but was left speechless when she saw William there with two other men who had measurement tapes over their necks and giant scissors in their pockets.

"What the fuck?" Sam wondered aloud when she looked around the room filled with mannequins covered in some dresses and office apparels.

"Detective, hey. Since you would be getting undercover for me, I thought that the least I could do was arrange for your outfits and dresses for meetings and wherever we'll be needed to go in future." the blonde man sweetly said.

"Mr. Reign, this is sweet but there's no need for this. I could've managed." Sam modestly said. 

"Don't listen to her, make dresses for me instead." Gina said as she stepped in front of the brunette detective.

"I'm sorry but these are specially for Ms. Cooper. Maybe we could arrange something else for you?" he said with nervousness.

"That's no need. You can have Sam. Thankyou sir." he said as he pulled Gina and a sad Scully out of the room leaving Sam and the tailoring men with William.

"I'm sorry but I can't accept these. Your gesture is kind but please-" Sam started but was then soon cut off by William's words. "Please, I insist." Finally Sam gave in.

※※※

A few hours later, almost evening, William and his tailors finally left with the dress packages and everything leaving some 20 dresses in dress covers for Sam's use while promising to design even more when needed. Sam walked out with the dress covers in hand when Nick approached her at the desk.

"Hey what was going on in there?" he asked.

"Oh you didn't know right... Captain Holt is sending me undercover as an assistant for William Reign." Sam said with tiredness.