Lockdown-1

Jake had just walked towards the bullpen when the elevator doors opened and Amy walked in holding a bouquet of flowers. "Morning." she greeted them all.

"Who are those for?" Jake asked. "Captain Holt's uncle passed away. They weren't close, but I wanted to do something." she said as she walked towards her desk and caught Sam and Charles attention while they talked at his desk.

"Oh no. It's still sad." Sam said. "Interesting. Flowers are a bold choice, Santiago, but I can still beat you." Jake challenged. "Beat me at expressing condolences?" Amy quizzed at his ridiculousness.

"Yup, it's on. Flowers are a gift, and Captain Holt hates gifts. I think a thoughtful email is the way to go here." he said taking out his phone. "Dear Captain, we were all so sorry for your loss. Group sentiment, very meaningful. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Selfless act." he said as he typed down the message before hitting send.

"Very respectful." Charles chimed in. "Correct, I am the King of respectfulness, bitches!" Jake prodded. 

"Hey, did you send that from your personal or work account?" Sam asked in concern. "Personal... It's a personal matter involving a personal friend and his personal uncle." he answered, not getting her point.

"So you remembered to turn off your signature, right?" Amy asked knowingly amused. "Oh, no." he said before running to Holt's office where Nick was present too, discussing his case work with the Captain.

"Hey, Captain, I just sent you an email, uh..." he trailed off. "Dear Captain, we were all so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Sent from my stinky butt." Holt read out the email from his computer screen.

"I was hacked?" Jake poorly excused. "Thank you for the email. It means a lot to me." Holt replied. Jake let out a sigh of relief. "You're very welcome." he said confidently. "I was addressing your stinky butt." Holt snarked and Nick let out a giggle while the Captain smiled ever so slightly at Jake's misery. He wasn't gonna let him live that down.

※※※

"All right... Daniel and Spencer said they have the turkey roast handled." Sam informed Nick as they sat by his desk. "Perfect, now it's just us left to bring the sides and deserts and you, select the wine." Nick said beaming.

Daniel, Sam's brother, had them invited for a Thanksgiving dinner together and Sam and Nick had offered to help, knowing how much efforts it takes to prepare a traditional meal. "We get off early, I speed up on the drive and we make the honey nut maple pie." Sam went through their plan.

"I've got the supplies in the desk drawer." Nick informed her. "We're all set then." she said high fiving him in victory. "Great job, babe." she smiled at him dearly. Terry then got up from his desk and started packing up.

"Okay, guys, Captain and I are going to a charity event in Brighton beach. Have a great Thanksgiving." he informed them. "Ahem." Charles said. "Sorry, Boyle. Turkey day." Terry corrected himself.

"Once sergeant Jeffords and I are gone, Peralta will be the officer in command." Holt announced to them. Yes, Jake was left in charge of the precinct for the day and Sam was sure it was gonna cost them their lives.

"Anyway, thank you for taking command of the precinct over the holiday." Holt said. "Not a problem. As you all know, I hate Thanksgiving. The pilgrims were murderers, and turkey tastes like napkins. I just hope that no Amys feel bad that I was chosen over Amy." Jake replied.

"Actually, Captain asked me first, but I had plans. Actually, Captain asked me first, but I had plans." Amy told them all. "What?" Jake asked confused. "Yeah, and then he asked Sam but she's got plans too." she added. "Really? So I was your third choice for this job?" Jake asked the Captain.