Old School-1

Sam and Nick were crouched along with others at Jake's desk as he controlled the bomb robot, using it to take Scully's smelly shoes that no one would dare to pick up or touch even while Hitchcock watched them pull through the act. "Careful!" Amy said. 

"You only get one shot at this, Peralta." Rosa said as she looked intently at a sleeping Scully to make sure he didn't wake up while they carried out the intense mission.

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. I saw the first 15 minutes of The Hurt Locker." he said reassuringly.

"Hurry! The stench is too much. We gotta get those shoes outta here." Sam said growing impatient.

"How much time do we have?" Nick asked as Charles looked into his watch. 

"Scully ate his pot pie 30 minutes ago, so we probably got 10 minutes left on this nap. 12 if he's turkey tired. All right, come to papa." Jake answered as the robot grabbed the shoes but everyone saw Scully's leg to fall on the robot causing it to get trapped.

"It's trapped. Abort mission." Nick said frantically but was soon stopped by Charles who suggested he'd give a try.

"I have an idea..." he said and soon he was being dressed into a bomb squad safe suit with help from Jake and Nick while the ladies cheered on. He was breathing heavily as he walked near the dozing officer and he sneakily removed took the shoes in his hands.

※※※

The squad was now behind a cement block at a safe distance in a empty NYPD parking lot as the shoes were now ensembled over a small bomb with Jake having the control over its trigger remote. "About damn time we do this, guys." Sam said. 

"Let's send these shoes to hell." Jake said and pressed the button causing the bomb explode along with the shoes. Suddenly, there was a very unpleasant smell across the area. "Oh wait." Nick said as he smelled it while Rosa coughed.

"Yeah, just smells worse than before. Abort!" Peralta announced and the team ran away in disgust to get away from it.

※※※

The next day, Amy walked in alongside Sam and Charles to the bullpen only to find Jake sitting in his seat like an early bird. That was some sight to see. 

"Whoa! Why are you here before me? Am I asleep? Is this a dream?" Amy asked him sarcastically.

"I am early because Jimmy Brogan is here today." Jake said all smiley faced.

"No way! Jimmy Brogan is here?!" Sam said fangirling already and Jake nodded furiously as they vibe in together.

"Why do you care so much about some old reporter?"  Rosa asked making Sam give her a look of shock.

"Some old reporter? Is the sky just some big blue hat that the world wears?" Sam asked her.

"No. And no one has ever thought that." she replied in a bored tone.

"Her point exactly. Jimmy Brogan wrote The Squad about badass New York cops in the '70s. It's the best book I've ever read, and I've read 15 books. I even recommended it to Sam and she loves it." Jake said.

"You know I do, brother." Sam said approvingly.

"50 books is not a lot. Wait... You said 15?" Amy looked at him disappointedly and shook her head.

"The Squad is what made me decide to become a Detective. And it was my first book report." Jake said.

"It also inspired me to become a part of NYPD. That guy is a witness to all my heroes from the 70s."