𝟸. 𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

By mid-october Esme and Draco had come up with a few ideas of how to off their Headmaster.

Esme suggested a simple avada at first, but that was far to obvious and far to easy.

They had a few plans, first was a cursed necklace. Draco aquired the necklace, and Esme charmed it.

"So who are we giving this to?" Esme asked as darkness began to seep out of her fingertips and onto the amulet within her palm. She had a cloth set over her hand and the amulet laid on top so she herself wouldn't be cursed by it.

"Whoever i find at Hogsmeade first. Simple imperius should work just fine." Draco said, laying sideways on a loveseat with his head propped up on the arm of it, then taking a bite of his apple.

They were sat in what looked like the drawing room of Malfoy Manor. A room they'd created within the Room of Requirement as they'd also been tasked with repairing the Vanishing Cabinet.

She peered over to him, just lounging in his chair. "You could actually work on the cabinet instead of eating those damn apples."

"One thing at a time, Ess. I'm cheering you on. How can i do that if i'm trying to fix that ruddy cabinet?" He raised his eyebrow to her, taking another bite.

She just rolled her eyes, focusing back on the necklace. "Just keep talking, then. When i use my shadows the voices get louder."

"Fine then." He readjusted himself so he was sitting properly on the chair. "Plan on wearing white or black?"

"To what?"

"Our grand wedding, of course."

She rolled her eyes once more. "You know Cissa would have my head if i wore anything other than white. Plus, i'll be wearing a Black later that night." She quipped, knowing Draco was a descendant of the Most Noble and Ancient house.

He chuckled at her comment. "Touché. Think we'll stay married? After the war, that is."

She paused. She hadn't thought of that, actually. After the war. As if there would be any true end. Only one side could win. And Esme wanted to be on the side of survival.

"It.. uhm.." She stuttered. "Depends on who wins. If the light wins, we'll likely be thrown in Azkaban for life. If we win, we'll be in The Dark Lord's servitude for the rest of our lives and have to produce plenty of Malfoy heirs."

He hummed, again leaning back. "Screwed either way. No way out except death."

"Children of war. Fucked for life."

~~

Playing with Harry Potter was very fun for our young shadowmancer. He was so easily flustered.

Even simple things like walking past him and brushing shoulders would get him ever so distracted. It came quite in handy.

Especially the day they set to give Katie Bell the necklace.

Draco and Esme were walking around Hogsmeade, discreetly following Katie until they could catch her alone.

Esme had noticed Harry was following them as well. But he wasn't as good at hiding it.

"Wonder where Weasel and Granger are? Potter is rarely ever alone." Esme spoke to Draco, his arm around her shoulder as she twiddled her fingers around a necklace she'd had since she was a baby. It was actually her mothers. A rune necklace meant to help dampen her powers.

"Their probably snogging in an alleyway." He smirked. She nudged him in his side with a laugh.

"I'm pretty sure the Weasel is with Lavender Brown. She's been trying to brew Amortentia for weeks since that lesson. Fully smitten." She responded back, ever so carefully glancing back to see if Harry was still following them. He was.