𝟷𝟾. 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚕𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚜

Ron was completely flabbergasted at the news of Harry and Esme being together. He all but gagged when he saw them kiss one morning. Hermione found it absolutely hilarious. She was happy for Harry, finally getting the girl he'd wanted for so long.

At first, as everyone was, she was iffy about Esme. Esme couldn't blame her either. Esme was a deatheater, loyal or not. She'd killed many muggleborns with and without remorse. But over time, when Esme's true colors began to show, Hermione and Esme became close.

When they'd arrived at the Lovegood home, Esme was very excited to see Luna. To tell her the tale she'd told her sixth year was true.

They arrived at the door, Hermione being the one to knock. Xenophillius opened the top half of the door, looking at the group with worry. "What is it? Who are you? What do you want?"

Harry quickly made his way up the stairs. "U-Uh hello, Mr. Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter, we met a few months ago. Could we come in?"

Xeno looked shocked, but quietly let them in and offered them tea. Esme sniffed around, looking for her Ravenclaw friend. But her scent was nowhere to be found.

They all sat quietly in the small living room, Esme as close to Harry as she could get. "Where is Luna?" Esme asked.

"Luna... She'll be along." Xeno said. Esme took note of the weariness in his voice. "So, how can I help you, Mister Potter?"

"Well, Actually it was about something you were wearing around your neck at the wedding. A symbol." Harry told him.

Xeno picked up the necklace from around his neck, holding up the pendant. "You mean this?"

"Yes, that's exactly. What we've wondered is.. What is it?"

Xeno lowered his hand. "What is it? Well, it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows, of course."

"The what?" They all said in unison.

"The Deathly Hallows." He repeated. "I assume you're all familiar with The Tale of the Three Brothers."

"Yes." Hermione, Ron, and Esme all said. While Harry said, "No."

"Mione has it, in her book." Esme looked back to Hermione, having given her bag back to her earlier that day.

Hermione nodded, grabbing the bag out of her beaded bag. She opened up to the page, beginning to read.

"Three brothers, traveling along a lonely, winding road at twilight, reached a deep treacherous river where anyone who attempted to swim or wade would drown. Learned in the magical arts, the brothers conjured a bridge with their wands and proceeded to cross.

Halfway through the bridge, a hooded figure stood before them. The figure was the enraged spirit of Death, cheated of his due. Death cunningly pretended to congratulate them and proceeds to award them with gifts of their own choosing.
The eldest brother, a combative man, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence. Death granted his wish by fashioning the Elder Wand from a branch of a nearby elder tree standing on the banks of the river.

The second brother, an arrogant man, chose to further humiliate death, and asked for the power to recall the deceased from the grave. Death granted his wish by crafting the Resurrection Stone from a stone picked from the riverbank. The third and youngest brother, who was the most humble and wise, did not trust Death and asked for something to enable him to go forth without Death being able to follow. A reluctant Death, most unwillingly, handed over his own invisibility cloak.

The three brothers took their prizes and soon went on their separate ways.
The eldest brother traveled to a village where a wizard whom he had quarreled lived. He sought out a duel and fought the wizard using the wand, instantly killing the latter. Leaving his enemy dead upon the floor, the eldest brother walked to an inn not far from the dueling site and spent the night there. Taken by his conscience and lust of the Elder Wand's power, the eldest brother boasted of this wand gifted by Death and his own invincibility.