𝟼. 𝙴𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚢

!!TW FOR THIS CHAPTER!!
Mentions of Sexual Assault, i'll put *** before and after it if you wish to skip. Ill also add a small summary at the end.

The two spent that night in silence. Neither could sleep. The sight of Albus Dumbledore falling off that ledge replayed in their minds like a muggle record on repeat.

Instead, they just laid on that all too expensive bed. Huddled in each other's arms. The only comfort they found was in the sounds of the other breathing.

"I'm going to get us out of this." Esme finally spoke as the sun rose. "We're gonna... run away. Get a shitty flat in America. Use up all the money my Mother left. We'll take Cissa and Father too."

He ran his hand along her back, tracing the runes he knew lied just beneath the surface of her clothes. "Let's do it. I'd follow you anywhere."

She pressed a small kiss to his chest. "At Least i won't have to marry your sorry ass in America."

He scoffed. "Please. Marrying me would be a dream."

"Yeah, yeah." She quietly and weakly laughed. But her laughter died just as quickly as it started. "What do you think he'll do to us?"

"Dunno." Draco responded.

~~

It wasn't until night time of that next day that they were called to meet with the Dark Lord. But there was a catch.

It wasn't both of them that was called.

It was Esme. And Esme alone.

Draco tried to push to allow for him to attend with her, but she promised she'd come right back. A promise she wouldn't be able to keep.

"Just stay here. When I get back... we'll plan that trip to America. Okay?" She whispered to him just before the Deatheaters came to collect her.

He brushed back a stray piece of her hair. "Shitty flat. Promise?"

"Promise." She gave him a weak smile as a knock came to the door. She slowly opened the door to reveal her Father and Narcissa.

"I'll stay here with Draco. Good luck, love." Narcissa kissed Esme's cheek. "Either way, I'm proud of you. Both of you."

"Thank you, Cissa." Esme kissed her cheek right back before she was led out by her father.

Severus apparated her somewhere unknown. A shack of some sorts.

Severus was quiet just before they made it to the door. "I don't know what he'll do... I just know he's angry. At me for finishing it. And at you for not being the one to do it."

"I know. I knew this would happen... I'm screwed either way." She mumbled.

Severus leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to her head. "I love you. Remember that."

"Of course I do. I love you too, dad." She gave him one last smile before she disappeared behind the door of the shack.

The only two entities in the room were Voldemort and Fenrir Greyback. A few bodies were on the floor, blood scattered about.

Esme didn't let the blood affect her. It wasn't the first time she'd seen a dead body. Surely wouldn't be the last. The one thing that truly suffocated her... was the darkness looming in the room. "My Lord." She greeted, keeping her composure as she bowed her head.

"Esmerelda. I'm very disappointed." Voldemort spoke, Fenrir quietly growling next to him.

Esme watched Fenrir's expression until a realization hit her... It was a Full Moon.