𝟷𝟶. 𝙰 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

Esme walked up the burrows many stairs to Harry and Ron's room. She knocked a few times, waiting until someone had shouted to come in for her to enter. "You lot decent? If I see either of you naked I'll have to bleach my eyes." She entered the room with her hand covering her eyes.

Ron rolled his eyes. "We're dressed."

She uncovered her eyes. "Good, then," She held up the letter. "Draco wrote to me."

"Malfoy?" Harry asked as he walked over to her, trying to ignore how good she looked in that dress.

Esme nodded, handing him the letter. "Their staging a coup. Which means... We leave tonight. Not tomorrow. Just wanted to warn you guys."

Harry scanned over the letter, Ron peering over his shoulder as well. "Don't say his name aloud..?" He looked up to Esme questioningly.

"No clue. But if he says not to, I'm going to trust his word."

Ron scoffed. "Trust Malfoy? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him."

Esme narrowed her eyes at the Weasley, her irises flashing that brilliant gold. "Be careful how you speak about Draco, Weasel."

Ron held his hands up, backing away and going back to the mirror to fix up his suit.

"Uhm.. thank you, Esme. We'll let Hermione know." Harry handed the letter back over.

"Yup. I gave her some clothes the other night for her go bag. Hopefully she packed them." Esme crossed her arms. An odd.. scent was coming off of the Potter boy. One she recognizes.

"Blimey.. Potter, why do you smell like the little Weasley?" She asked, leaning over and sniffing his shoulder. "Strong too." Luckily Ron was too preoccupied with himself to hear her.

Harry's face flushed instantly. "Uh.. talk in the hall, please." He quickly rushed her out the door and into the hallway.

"Oi! No manhandling. I barely like being touched, you're lucky my wolf happens to like you." She moved away from him, resting back onto the wall.

"Right, sorry.. so uh.." Harry took a deep breath in. "Ginny kissed me. This morning."

Esme's eyes flashed gold again. The fucking Weasley Girl kissed him?!

Why did she care?

She wasn't with him.

She would never be.

"Right. Well. Could have taken a shower, then. Anyone with wolf senses could smell it from a mile away. Especially with the moon being so soon."

"I-I didn't even realize it was happening until she was doing it..! I liked it but... I didn't in the same sense?" He quickly blurted out, doing a horrible job of trying to defend himself.

"No-Potter—I don't need to hear it. Like the girl all you want. She'd be... good for you." Esme lifted off the wall, starting to back away from him. "I'm going back downstairs. Remus and Dora are coming soon."

"But I don't want Ginny, I want..." His words died on his tongue as she practically ran away. "Damnit."

~~

Esme went back to the roof, trying not to think about Ginny bloody Weasley kissing Harry.

Why would she care anyways? He was better for her. She was a deatheater. A murderer. Someone who could take away life without a second thought.

All those thoughts slowed down when she could distantly smell a new presence entering the Burrows surroundings.

She lifted her head up from the lying position on the roof to look around. "Holy hell... the Minister." She watched in shock as he met up with the older Weasley, then being led inside.