𝟸𝟻. 𝚂𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

Voldemort was dead.

Nagini was dead.

The deatheaters were gone.

Yet, Esme didn't feel any more free.

Here she sat, on her knees, in front of Remus and Dora's bodies. She pulled at their arms, letting them finally connect in the middle. She vowed, right then and there, she'd take care of their son. Not let that poor sweet blue haired boy forget the sacrifice his parents made for him.

~~

She wanted to find Harry. She needed to know he was alright. She needed him to know her and their child were alright. She walked through the corridors, trying to use her wolf senses to find her mate, but everything was so clouded by the stench of death that now loomed the halls.

She didn't sense it. Didn't smell it. Didn't hear it. But she felt it.

She felt the dagger pierce right through her back, clear through her middle. She gasped, grasping at her stomach as it started to bleed out. No....

She fell to her knees, then to her side, her body hitting the cold, dusty, rocky ground.

Lucius was stood behind her, a wicked grin on his face. The dagger had left his hand. She ruined his family. His reputation. Turned his son away from him. Turned his wife away from him. She deserved this.

"LUCIUS!" Draco's voice sounded, making Lucius turn on his heel, only to be met with the end of a wand being held by his enraged son.

"Draco– This had to be done! We can be as one now! Our house can... can be restored!" Lucius' eye twitched, his sanity completely gone.

"No. No we cannot. Never again. I should have done this long ago." For the first and last time, Draco spoke the words and meant it.

"Avada Kedavra!"

~~

Harry was rushing through the Great Hall. He hadn't seen Esme since he'd thrown her into Draco's arms. He caught sight of Hermione and Ron. "Mione! Ron! Have you seen Esme? Where is she!" He yelled as he approached them, hoping to God and Merlin she was somewhere close.

"No, Mate, we've been looking for her..! She was here with Remus and Tonks... then she disappeared." Ron told him, watching as Harry worriedly scanned around.

"Potter!" Draco's voice yelled as he struggled into the Great hall, many gasps let out at the sight of him.

His suit was bloody, soaked in the blood of the girl he held in his arms. Her head hung over the back of his arm, her body completely slack and unmoving other than shallow breaths.

Harry snapped his head back, his eyes widening at the sight. No. No!

He ran over as Draco carefully set Esme on the ground, his hands shaking. "She–She was looking for you.." Tears fell from Draco's face as he spoke. "My father found her first.. I couldn't stop the bleeding.. The dagger was cursed."

Esme's dreary eyes tried to focus, blinking rapidly to try and clear her blurry vision.

Harry dropped to his knees, cradling her head in is lap. "Esme.. Ess please.. Listen to my voice, stay awake!" He looked up as Madam Pomfrey hurried over, having to shove students out of the way that had congregated around. "Pomfrey..! Is there anything you can do.. Please.. She's pregnant..!"

Madam Pomfrey kneeled down, her wand hovering over the girls body and scanning her. She let out a sad breath. "She... her pulse is to faint. As young Malfoy said.. The dagger was cursed. Its already spreading at a fast rate. The only person i'd know of that could stop it.. Would have been her." She said as she slowly rose to her feet.