𝟸𝟸. 𝙸𝚜 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙰 𝙲𝚘𝚠𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝙸𝚜?!

At the end of April, it was finally time for them to go to Gringotts. The polyjuice was brewed to perfection. Esme transfigured some of Bill's cursebreaker robes into clothes Bellatrix was more than often found in.

Esme had been sick the entire week, everyone blamed the stress between the moon and the upcoming storming of Gringotts, but Esme had other suspicions.

Growing up as Esme did, she never expected she'd live long enough to fall in love, let alone have kids of her own. And honestly, the thought of children terrified her. Passing along the curse she was left with.

And now, in the middle of the war on the opposite side she started on, madly in love with the boy her former master is heartset on killing, she really wasn't ready.

Yet, here the ex-deatheater was, huddled in Shell Cottages bathroom with Hermione, Luna, and Fleur as the boys were outside learning the last of their attack spells from Bill.

"How does this muggle shit even work?! Why is it so damn slow!" Esme grumbled as she sat on top of the toilet lid, her leg bouncing. "One time. Forget the charm one time and i end up with little Potters!"

Luckily, Hermione had cast a muffliato around the room just incase the boys came back inside. "Ess, i'm sure its just nerves. We're on the brink of a war."

Esme still grumbled, mild profanities leaving her lips, many of them cursing Harry's name. "I'm about to punch a fucking ghost."

"Why?! I'm excited!" James exclaimed next to her. Of course, the others couldn't see. But he was rather excited.

Eliza was sitting on the side of the tub, rubbing her temples. "You were supposed to not have a child at a young age like the rest of us. You were supposed to break that chain."

"Fuck off!" Esme yelled in the direction of the tub, all the girls but Hermione looking a bit perplexed. Hermione was used to Esme talking to the air by now.

The timer Fleur had set went off. "It's ready." The french woman said.

Esme tensed up. "Looney, you look at it. I might fucking puke again."

Luna nodded, picking up the muggle pregnancy test and flipping it over. "Oh goodness."

Hermione and Fleur both quickly peaked over Luna's shoulders, leaving Esme in the dark and dumbfounded.

"Okay! Someone tell me please!" Esme shouted at them as all the girls just stared wide eyed.

"Uhm.." Hermione cleared her throat. "Congratulations Esme... your carrying Potter Junior."

"YES!" James yelled, Eliza slapped him clear across the face. "OW! PADFOOT YOUR LADYLOVE HIT ME!" He then disappeared, at least from Esme's view.

Eliza just looked to her daughter. Merlin, how she wish she could have actually been there for this moment. She just smiled at her daughter, watching as a tear fell down Esme's face. At least it was with the boy she loved.

Eliza disappeared soon after.

"Fuck. What am i gonna do.." Esme stared at the ground as Luna set the plastic down. "We're about to storm Gringotts. Fucking tomorrow. Harry would never let me go if he knew."

"You could... not tell him?" Luna suggested, drawing a gasp from Hermione.

"Its Harry's baby too! He deserves to know!"

Esme stood suddenly, wiping the stray tear away. "No, i'm not going to tell him. I know enough protective spells to at least protect my stomach... i'll send my shadows on it too. I'm not far enough that spell casting or using my shadows would be difficult." She ran a hand through her hair, rushing over to the sink as the girls moved out of the way.