𝟷𝟿. 𝙰 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝙴𝚕𝚏

Esme did as she said, that night she left Lupin Cottage. She wouldn't put Dora in danger with a pup on the way. Plus, the faster she was away the faster she could get a game plan.

Bill and Fleur welcomed her with open arms. Fleur was especially happy to have another girl in the cottage and Bill was happy to help a fellow wolf.

Esme spent hours trying to think of a plan, knowing she couldn't just apparate to Malfoy Manor with wand ablaze. She sat by the beach, trying to draw out a gameplan in the sand... until it would be washed away by the waves.

She stayed there for almost the entire night. It wasn't until sunrise that the pop of apparition was heard up by the cottage. "The hell?" She got to her feet, sensing three new prescenses. She ran up to the cottage. "Bill! Fleu–LUNA!" She yelled, running at the familiar blonde at full force.

She practically jumped into Luna's arms, the blonde giggling happily as Esme did so. "How are you here?! Is Harry with you?" She hurriedly looked around, only finding Dobby and Mr. Olivander.

Dobby quickly let go of their hands. "Dobby is going back for them now!"

Just before he could apparate, Esme let go of Luna and grabbed hold of Dobby, finding herself at the top of a staircase in Malfoy Manor. Dobby shrieked, but Esme covered his mouth. She pointed her wand, having taken it from her holster, shooting a hex at the back of Peter Pettigrew as soon as the door to the basement was opened.

The boys worriedly turned the corner, looking up the staircase. "Ello boys! Who gets his wand?"

Harry smirked, running up the staircase and grabbing Esme by the waist, smashing his lips onto hers. "You, are one incredible woman."

She grinned as he let her go. "Never forget it, Potter. Get the wand, Weasel, let's go."

They set off, walking carefully and quietly. As they passed an unconscious man, Harry's snitch flew out of his pocket and followed them. Harry caught it, stuffing it in his pocket as they knelt on the stairs.

"Mione..." Esme whispered, not only seeing Bellatrix interrogate a goblin, but seeing Hermione's unmoving body in the middle of the room... blood seeping from her forearm.

Bellatrix walked over to Hermione with horrific intent. "--Same can't be said for this one."

"Like hell!" Ron ran up, "Expelliarmus!" Bellatrix's wand flew from her hand out into Harry's hand.

A wand battle ensued, hexes and curses being shot back and forth. Esme did her best not to shoot anything particularly harmful at Narcissa or Draco, who both looked absolutely broken to see Esme.

"Stop!" A voice yelled, Bellatrix having picked up Hermione and holding a knife to her throat. "Drop your wands. I said, drop them!"

Esme's hand shook with anger as she, and Harry and Ron, all dropped their wands. Esme stared at Draco, almost as if urging him to make the right choice, knowing he wouldn't.

"Pick them up Draco, Now!" Bellatrix told her nephew.

Draco obeyed, running over and grabbing the three wands, his eyesight lingering on Esme. "I told you to stay away." He took little effort in getting into her mind.

"Since when have I ever listened to you?" She retorted back.

"Well well well," Bellatrix grinned wickedly at them. "Look what we have here. My nephew's blood traitor ex-fiance."

"Trixie." Esme gritted as she saw the knife near Hermione's throat.

"You're a disgrace, girl. You were the Dark Lord's right hand. Oh the fun we had together... Remember when we used to make games out of torturing things like her?" Bellatrix teased, taking a few steps closer.