𝟹𝟶. 𝙹.𝚂.𝙿

The months went on. The school year ended and the Potters were back at Godric's Hollow.

Esme was getting more uncomfortable as the summer went on. Because of the pregnancy, she couldn't redraw her runes that protect her from unwanted voices. And adding on she couldn't take a few of the potions she usually used to help herself sleep.

They were having Sunday lunch at the Burrow in late June and Esme was sitting on the couch, her feet propped up in Harry's lap as he rubbed over her calves. The voices were scratching at her ears. And even though she didn't transform while she was pregnant, she still felt the effects of the moon.

"Ess?" Harry turned his head to Esme, his eyes looking worried. "Alright, love?"

She picked her head up from its spot on the back of the couch. "Yeah just... headache." She'd tried her best to hide her symptoms from Harry, she didn't want him to worry. After all, it was something she was used to after hiding the pain her entire life.

"You sure? We can leave early if you want?" He offered, his thumbs still running over her legs.

She gave him a small smile and shook her head. "You haven't seen your Weasels in a while because of work. I'll be alright. It'll pass."

He gave her a slight nod and returned his attention back to the loud conversation going on between George and Ron.

~~

Esme had excused herself a bit ago. The loudness of the Weasleys along with the scratching in her mind had become a bit to much. She stood now in the bathroom, leaning over the sink and splashing cold water in her face. "Come on Esme.. your stronger than this."

Her vision was beginning to blur as she clutched onto the sides of the sink. The lights in the bathroom began to flicker, she could see the darkness from the corner of the room begin to grow larger and larger. "Fuck... Har.. H.." That was when her vision went completely black, sending her plummeting to the bathroom floor.

Even from downstairs at the lunch table, the lights started to flicker just as they heard the loud thump from upstairs.

Harry's eyes darted up as he scrambled from the kitchen table. The chair he was sitting in was practically launched across the floor as he raced across the room and up the stairs to where he knew Esme had gone. Ron and Hermione both followed without a second thought.

When he opened the bathroom door, he found Esme on the floor laying on her side, eyes shut tight and her breath heavy. "Fuck! Molly!"

"Mum!" Ron yelled down the stairs, luckily Molly was right on her way.

When she made it to the bathroom door, Harry had pulled Esme's top half onto his lap, trying to calm her down. "She—She's unconscious..! She's had a headache today but she didn't tell me it was this bad." He glanced up at the bathroom, which had been shrouded in darkness.

"Oh dear.." Molly kneeled down, setting the back of her hand onto Esme's forehead. "It must be her shadows. Something similar happened to her mother at one of the Order meetings. The voices were so loud it made her pass out."

"St Mungos. We need to get her there. The baby could be in trouble!" Harry said worriedly, the panic evident in his eyes.

Ron stepped in. "I can help you carry—"

Harry didn't hesitate, sweeping her into the air. One arm under her upper back, the other hooked under her legs. Esme was always a small girl, and the added baby weight didn't make her all that heavier. "We can't floo. Bill can drive the flying car right?" Harry hurried down the stairs, where Bill was waiting.