𝟸𝟹. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖

The portrait swung open, revealing Neville who was hunched over because of the small space.

"Neville! Blimey, you look..." Harry started.

"Like hell i reckon." Neville smiled to them. "This is nothing. Seamus is worse. C'mon then." He turned, his wand lighting.

Esme looked to Harry wearily. She knew Neville from the years her and Draco tormented him, of course it was all an act, but she didn't know if she could trust him. He just squeezed her hand, a small smile on his face as he pulled them into the portrait hole and they all began to walk.

"I don't remember this on the Marauders Map." Ron said.

"Thats because it never exsisted until now. All of the secret passages were sealed off just before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out. Grounds have been crawling with deatheaters and dementors." Neville told them, choosing to ignore Esme's presence as she seemed trusted by Harry.

Esme decided to speak up, the questions itching at her throat. "How... bad is it with my Father as headmaster?"

"No one even sees him." Neville answered. "Its the Carrows we all watch out for."

"Alecto and Amycus. Yes, i remember them. Wicked, they are."

Neville nodded. "They favor punishment. Brutal. Todays Dark Arts lesson had us practice the cruciatus curse on first years. I refused. Got punished."

"Yeah... they used to do some things to me too." Esme's grip on Harry's hand tightened at the vivid memories of the days she'd spent in the dungeons of Malfoy Manor.

Eventually, the group ended up at the back of another portrait. Neville opened it. "Hey! Listen up you lot! Brought you a surprise." He didnt let them see Harry just yet. Esme had moved to the back with Hermione, figuring if they saw a deatheater, defected or not, first that they'd all flip.

Seamus went to complain, but Neville simply opened the portrait more to reveal Harry. Everyone stood and started clapping, cheering, excited to see the Boy Who Lived.

The room was filled with bunkbeds and hammocks, it looked like a bunker. Harry and Neville climbed down. Ron, Hermione, and eventually Esme following suit.

Harry hugged some of his friends he hadn't seen in over a year, all of them excited to see him back. Hoping it signified the end of the war. Though, once they'd caught sight of Esme some whispers began.

"Someone going to explain why Harry brought a blubbering deatheater into our hideout?" Seamus spoke up, his eyes now locked onto Esme.

Harry quickly moved to Esme's side, taking her hand. "She's not a deatheater. Defected a long time ago. She's one of the only reasons i'm alive right now. So if any of you have a problem, you can take it up with me."

Esme quaintly smiled to Harry as she stood next to him. She would have spoken for herself but it would have only made things worse.

"So, whats the plan Harry?" Neville looked to him as the room went silent.

"Okay.. theres something we need to find. Hidden, in the castle." Harry answered.

"Right, well, what is it?"

"...We don't know." Esme spoke up that time. "We've been trying to figure it out for a bit. We have some clues, but no definite answer."

Harry nodded. "We think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Small, easily concealed. Any ideas?"

Everyone went quiet, except for Luna. "There is Rowena Ravenclaw's lost Diadem. Quite famous."

"Can someone tell me what a diadem is?" Ron asked.