𝟸𝟺. 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚜 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍!

Esme helped Harry to the ground, he was shaking. "Harry... look inside him. Find out where he is. If you find him you find the snake." She put her hand on his cheek. "I'll be right here with you."

Ron and Hermione kneeled down as well. "You can do this." Hermione told him.

Harry slowly nodded, shutting his eyes. Esme kept her hand on his shoulder as his breathing became more and more sporadic. "Don't let him control you. You need to be the one to take control." She whispered to him.

Harry's eyes snapped open. "He.. He wants Severus." He looked to Esme, whose eyes widened.

"No. No no no!" Esme yelled, quickly getting to her feet. She knew exactly what Voldemort was going to do.

The wand. It wasn't working for him. It wasn't working because it's allegiance wasn't to Voldemort. The Elder Wand only changes masters when the previous one is defeated or disarmed of the wand. Neither Severus nor Voldemort himself were the ones who disarmed Albus that night.

It was Esme.

Esme was the true master of the Elder Wand.

"Esme.. Esme don't!" Harry tried shuffling to his feet. But he was too late. Esme transformed into the black puff of smoke that allowed Deatheaters to fly. She flew right out the window. She had to find Severus.

It didn't take her long, using her nose to smell him out. His scent was stronger to her, being that they shared blood. "Father!" She yelled as she reappeared next to him.

Severus looked to her with wide eyes. "No–No your not supposed to be here!" Lucius had just brought him to the room, he knew his fate now lied in the hands of his Dark Lord.

"He's coming for you!" Esme retorted, trying to drag him away. "He thinks your the master of the Elder Wand. He'll.. He'll kill you!" Esme was angry with him. She grew up with him teaching her never to betray trust. And he betrayed Dumbledore, the man that could have gotten her out. But, he was still her father. The last of her family.

"Esme, Esme i know." He quickly put his hands on her cheeks. "Thats why you need to get out of here. He wants you too. Not just the Potter boy."

She tried to resist him, but it was to late. A man had appeared behind her, casting an Incarcerous over her. The tight ropes appeared, wrapping her arms behind her back. She didn't even get a chance to yell as another tied around her mouth. The man, whose scent identified him as Lucius Malfoy, pulled her to the side.

Voldemort stepped in just behind Lucius, taking slow steps to Severus. "Severus, whom i trusted the most. You have failed me." He tsked, a delighted smile on his face when he saw Esme. "But, at least, you have brought me the girl. She will be most useful."

Esme fought against Lucius' grip. But any time she tried to use magic, the ropes burned into her skin.

"My Lord." Severus looked to his daughter worriedly. "I have not failed you. I have you the wand. It is the most powerful in the world. It answers to you and you only."

"But does it?" He walked around Severus, "You are a clever man. Surely you must know. Where does its loyalty truly lie?"

"With you, My lord." Severus answered.

Esme's eyes snapped over to one of the stain windows. She smelled three new presences. Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Damnit Harry...

"The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly because i am not its true master. It only belongs to the wizard who'd slain its last owner. You killed Dumbledore, Severus." He took a step to Severus, holding his wand up. "While you live, the wand will never truly be mine."