Chapter 4

Author/sophia

"Oh um i'm so sorry, i get really emotional towards
these matters especially when it involves my sons. But once again thank you for saving him." She says as she releases sophia from her embrace.
Sophia didn't know what to say. Why was she being thanked for such a small matter.

"Oh no need to apologize aunty, i did what any good human being would do." She says as she looks at kyle's mother with a small smile.
"Okay enough about this, Kyle why don't you show her the house while I prepare some cookies."
"Aunty really there is no need for this-
"I won't accept no as an answer. This is my way of showing my gratitude." She smiles and walks towards the kitchen.

"So...you wanna look around?" Kyle asks her while scratching his head and having a pink flushed face.

"Okay" sophia says in a monotone voice.

Kyle shows her the entire house. It really felt like a happy family was living here. All the pictures around the house and the walls. The only weird thing. No baby pictures of kyle were put up. Only pictures of him being around 12 years was there. There were pictures of his younger brother Shawn. Right from birth till now. Why tho? Pretty sure cameras existed back then too right?

They stopped in front of Kyle's room
"Umm you wanna check my room too?" He asks slightly embarrassed.
"It's part of your house right?" She replies.
"Well i've never brought a girl in my room before so..." damn boy is turning red right now.
"Why you worried that i'll bite you?" She asks while raising her eyebrows at him.
"N-n-no nothing like that i-."
"Let's get over with this already." She rolls her eyes and enters the room while he shly follows her.
"Keep the door open if you're so afraid of me, I promise I don't bite tho." Sophia really got no chill over the fact that the guy was gonna combust.

She then looked around. It really is different from her room style for sure. Everything was soft core. Pastel colored walls with flowers. The room smelled like an orchids garden.

"I see you have a liking for soft aesthetics." She asks him.
"Well yeah i really like how calming it is. It makes me happy." He beams
"Aah definitely different from mine." She says
"O-oh interesting". He replies shly.
"You need to chill out, I may look scary and unapproachable but you don't have to be so uptight okay." She says trying to relax his nerves.

"I just get really nervous around new people that's it." He mumbles quietly. Oh well that explains his extreme nervousness.

"So you live with your parents?" He suddenly raises the question which freezes her. She hates when people ask her that question. Anything which involves them.

"That's none of your business. Just because i helped your mom doesn't mean you can snoop around my personal life." She spat harshly before exiting his room.
Well poor Kyle was just left in shock after that sudden outburst. Was that a really sensitive topic for her. Damn why did he have to be so stupid. Sighing, he came downstairs.

"Honey she left a few seconds back saying she had an emergency. Tomorrow when you meet her in class give her these cookies okay?" His mom said being completely oblivious as to why sophia left so suddenly.

"Uh yes mom i'll do it. I'll give it to her first thing tomorrow." He says in a dejected voice.

Back at sophia's house
Sophia's POV