Chapter 18

Sophia

Everything came to an absolute stop when I felt Kyle's hand slip from my cheek and down to the ground. A loud heartbreaking scream erupted from my throat as I hugged his lifeless body. He still feels so warm. It doesn't even look like he died. Then why isn't he hugging me back? Why isn't he kissing me anymore? He should get up this instant and wrap me in his arms!

"Kyle enough of this drama. Get up now!" No answer.
"Please...please wake up love...how am I suppose to live without you not being by my side. I need you". No answer.
"I-I promise I will kiss you every morning, every afternoon and every night. I will help you overcome your trauma, i'll...i'll do anything just please come back to me.." And no answer from him again.

"FUCKING HELL WAKE UP PLEASE! HOW MUCH PAIN ARE YOU GOING TO CAUSE ME HUH! I WANT YOU NEXT TO ME IN EVERY LIFETIME INCLUDING THIS ONE!" My screams echoed. Yet I got no response. A dead silence was all that I got.
I didn't want to let go. I cannot let go. I need him.

"Please...please come back to me" I whispered softly yet shakily.

Why? Why was this happening to us?

"You still feel so warm.....it's like you're- you're still here with me". I whisper, staring out in the space as tears rolled down my eyes. Everything stung but I felt nothing. How could I feel something when everything got snatched away from me.

Suddenly few people came in rushing but I paid no attention. All I wanted was Kyle to come back to me.

"SOPHIA! OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!" It was Ryan. Soon i felt Ash, Claire and Noah following too. But I was too numb to even react.

"S-sophia omg you're shot and- KYLE?! WHAT THE HELL! WHAT HAPPENED!!" Claire screamed.
Ash was sitting beside me. He started to rub my back soothingly while the others just stared at me with pity and sadness. Ryan was beside Kyle's body staring at him with evident sadness. No matter what happened, he couldn't hate him.

The sounds of my cries increased as Ash hugged me tightly.
"Sophia let him go now..." he whispered in my ears.
"NO! HE ISN'T DEAD! HE IS JUST PLAYING AROUND!" I wasn't ready to accept this. He cannot leave me.

"Tiger...." Ryan called out sadly. What could he even say in such a situation.
"Let go-
"SHUT UP ALL OF YOU! I SAID THAT HE IS JUST PLAYING AROUND. STOP CALLING HIM DEAD HE IS NOT!" I felt all of them trying to separate me from him but no way. I'm not letting myself get separated from him again. Not again, I will always be in his arms.

"NO DON'T TOUCH ME RYAN! STOP TRYING TO SEPARATE ME FROM KYLE ALL THE TIME!"

Ryan was really struggling to hold back his tears looking at my state. All of them could only look at the ground. Noah was trying to contact the hospital to get an ambulance.

When suddenly, I felt my hand being grabbed. I was about to shout at Ryan when I saw that it wasn't his hand. Nor it was Claire's or Ash's. It was...

Kyle's hand.

"K-kyle...KYLE?! CALL THE AMBULANCE! HE IS ALIVE, HE JUST HELD MY HAND!!" I shouted for help which caused all of them to look at us with shocked eyes. The ambulance soon came in and carried Kyle from me. I stood up but instantly fell to the ground, completely forgetting that even I was severely injured.

"God Sophia don't forget that even you're shot! Let's go now!" Ash exclaimed and carried me as we all exited the warehouse. Kyle's men were already inside the car, ready to lead the way to the hospital. Soon we all exited the warehouse when all of a sudden Noah stopped.

"We still have one more job left". He said as he took out a small remote. I instantly recognized it. It was the detonator for a bomb. He must've planted the bomb while we were exiting. As soon as he clicked it, the entire warehouse which contained the bodies of my so called parents blew up in flames. I simply watched it. Since this area was far far away from the city, no casualties nor any checking will take place.