Special chapter 4

Third person view

"On the count of three, we attack and untie the trapped kids". Kyle instructs Sophia and she nods with determination, grabbing onto her gun and the trigger in the other hand which will help her jump inside and using the ropes, she can move from one corner to another.

"1...2....3....NOW!" He shouts and she kicks the window open, both of them jumping inside with Kyle immediately injecting the poison filled syringe into the necks of the two guards.

"Kyle, find out where the kids are kept from Ash. I'll deal with these bastards". She smirks and goes out of the room.

It wasn't long enough when the sounds of gunshots, agonizing screams of bullets being pierced into monsters and the sound of chains being removed from innocent civilians started. Soon everyone was free and outside, feeling the fresh air.

All thanks to Kyle and Sophia.

Sophia was busy wiping off the blood from her hands when Kyle grabbed her other hand, "let's go to our spot". She smiled softly before nodding and they get into their car, driving towards their spot.

They reach, park their car and get out, immediately running towards the top of the hill. This was their safe space. To see the soft view of the city and surrounded by nature. They were giggling and running like little kids without a care. The lifestyle of theirs at night wasn't glitters and gold, it was traumatizing and agonizing. Yet they choose this because they know they're freeing one soul every time, hoping that this washes away their sins of killing.

Once they reach, they pant, still giggling at each other's distorted breathes, they look at the view in front of them. Calming.

Kyle throws his arm over her shoulder and lets out a soft sigh. "This place really manages to recharge me". He says. "It really does". She replies

Author's note: in this scene, they're conversing in Japanese. Sophia has learnt how to talk in simple Japanese with the help of Kyle, though she has a long way to learn. Right now, they're speaking in basic terms.

"You know...sometimes I wonder how life would be if we were never born into bloodshed". Sophia says while staring at the city lights. It was true. She always wondered even before meeting Kyle, how would their lives be if they never ventured down this gruesome path. Would they ever meet? Would life treat them both differently and separately?

"Aah...maybe we both would've met in different circumstances then? In a supermarket, park, the classic romance meeting grounds?" He says.

"How are you so sure that we both would meet even in a different timeline?" She jokingly asks.

"We would meet in every timeline, every universe and in every galaxy snowflake. Tragic or not, we would meet each other".

The sureness in his voice could make anyone fall in love all over again. Oh how he looks at his love, how he is so confident that no matter what, their destiny would make them cross paths in every existing timeline.

And Sophia once again bursts into a pink shade, the words not failing to make her heart beat at its highest speed. "Kyle! God...you-

"Managed to make you fall in love with me once again?" He giggles at her. She simply rolls her eyes but smiles in silence.

The two lovebirds laid on the ground with their arms behind their heads as they stargaze. The stars were looking exceptionally pretty today. It is everyday, but for some reason, the stars were shining their light on these lovebirds.

"Wow, even the moon is shining brightly tonight. I wonder what's the occasion in the space that every celestial object is so happy". He asks with curiosity. Sophia thinks for a moment before letting out a small smile, "they're happy because we found each other".

Now it was Kyle's turn to blush profusely.

"Snowflake! You can't say those things and expect me to stay sane". He rolls to her side and buries his face into her neck, causing her to chuckle at his actions. She gently massages her fingers into his scalp, making him hum in satisfaction.

He looks at her, with those same eyes which hold so much admiration and love for this woman. Despite going through hell back and forth, she is here, in his arms and loving him despite his faults.

"I love you" he lets out. No matter how many times he says that, it's too less.
"I love you too". She lets out too, feeling the same.

She gently cups his face and brings herself to attach her lips to his. He immediately reciprocates, melting into her warmth. Just a subtle touch from her and he feels like he's won over the heavens.

They pull away shortly with Kyle gently caressing her cheeks, "your Japanese is getting good". He praises making her smile, "I have a good teacher, it's bound to be good". He smiles at her confidence.

They look at the time and realize that it's getting late. "We should head back Sophia. It's getting late". He hums and she nods. Both of them get up and dust their clothes, getting ready to go back...home.

He once again throws his arm over her shoulder as they descend down from the hill. Suddenly Kyle's phone notification rings and he removes it from his pocket to check. It was a text from Noah.

*video clip*
You guys are definitely the saviors of innocent lives

The video clip was a news coverage of the kids they rescued today.

"And once again! The mystery group rescued more kids from flesh trades! Let's ask the little kids who are currently being treated about who are these mysterious people saving innocent lives!"

"Hey buddy, are you comfortable to answer a few questions? We can leave if you're not ready".

The ten year old boy was a bit hesitant but agreed anyways.

"Can you tell us who saved you?" The reporter asks. Upon hearing the question, the boy bursts into happy tears and has a huge smile on his face.

"I-I don't know. B-But they w-were so kind to all of us. If it weren't for them...w-we would be...

Poor boy couldn't even complete his sentence as his family hugs him tightly and the reporter leaves them alone with a small smile.

"Well we may never know who these heroes are but we hope that flesh trades come to an end and hopefully these heroes help in finishing them off".

Signing off.

"Well..." Kyle says.
"Maybe it's not so bad right?" She questions.

They look at each other for a while before laughing once again.

And soon we hear their fading voices of them discussing childish topics and debating which superpower is more superior.

They may be cold blooded murderers but somewhere they do bring out each other's inner child.

And in some way they heal each other.