Chapter 15

Kyle

I just stood there. In complete silence as I watched her enter her room and shut the door.
I didn't know what to say. What to do. But I definitely felt my heart swell in guilt. But why the hell should i feel guilty, that too for a person like her.
Just because she patched up my wounds and made me something to eat, doesn't justify anything.

I know for the fact that the Wilsons and my already dead rivals were working together to capture me. They succeeded in it too. For a whole year i was tormented till i became numb. Then my luck was good enough at that time when I managed to run away from that place.

I had reached a club but unfortunately one of the men who was drinking in that same club caught hold of me. Then Sophia and her friends rescued me and the rest is history.

So what if they were dead. I know that the Wilsons will not stop until they acquire their share of my inheritance. I haven't touched that money.

Everything that i've built, is from my very own hard work. I created the Vipers from scratch and i'm fucking proud of it. The inheritance is just a trap laid out for them, when they think they've succeeded in their mission, is the time they'll breath their last on this earth.

My head started to hurt a little bit. I should really eat something. I stared at the soup which was still steaming hot.

"Fuck this" I whispered and took the soup bowl and a spoon and started to eat it. It was instant soup but the way it was made was delicious. After finishing it, i washed it and placed it on the rack. Switching off all the lights, i go upstairs to my room and lay on my bed. My wounds still hurt but not that much. As i was facing the ceiling, my mind went back to Sophia. Her injured leg and her wrists. Why the fuck am I feeling so worried for her?

I tossed and turned around, not being able to sleep at all. I need to know if she's alright or no.
"No i'm not doing this because I care for her. Her brother will eat me alive if he finds a single scratch on her".

Making my way to her room with a first aid box in my hand, i slowly open the door and find her fast asleep. Taking slow steps next to her, i pick her gun in case she wakes up and literally shoots me. I kept it far from her reach and sat beside her. Slowly taking her wrists in my hand, i see that it is slightly swollen and red.

"Fuck did i do this?" I whispered. God Kyle you're such an idiot.

Taking a cold compress, I gently press it on her wrists which caused her to move a bit. I stopped my actions for a while before continuing it.
Soon her wrists looked better. It was still slightly red but the swelling was almost gone.

"Time to check her leg"
I say and move a bit back and take a look at her bandaged leg. She did a good job in cleaning it up and wrapping it. There is no high chance of infection. I better take an appointment with our close doctor just to be sure.

"I'm supposed to hate you and make you miserable but why the thought of you have a single scratch makes my blood boil?" I whisper while looking at her tired but beautiful face. Let me just use this little time to actually take a look at her.

Currently she is wearing loose black shorts and a sleeveless white tee. Her boyish medium length hair is now burgundy. She has a sleeve tattoo on her right arm which consisted of a snake, mostly a black mamba and a few dandelions on her wrist.

Dandelions are my favorite. Still are. I remember her telling me two years back that she got them because they reminded her of me. My heart swelled at that statement.
Her ears adorned with multiple piercings and a tattoo on the back of her neck.