Chapter 6

Sophia

Even tho only ten minutes have passed since i have been holding Kyle in my arms trying to calm him down, it felt like ten thousand years had passed. I didn't leave his side at all.

Why? A person like me who is considered an emotionless bitch, a person like me who is known to be a heartbreaker and not in the sexy kinda way, the way which destroys a person completely.

But here I am, holding a fragile sensitive boy who is recovering from his breakdown. It felt like thousands of sharp daggers were piercing my heart as i heard his small sniffles.

Why was his pain causing me pain? Is....is this what it feels like to actually care for someone who has managed to put themselves in your heart and now you never want to let go of it? Is this what...giving affection and empathy feels like? Am I actually feeling something in my heart? A feeling so soft yet so beautiful and terrifying.

"Kyle?" I whisper into his ears. "Are you good now? Do you want me to do anything for you?" I asked in the most gentle voice. At least i tried to, i have no idea if it is comforting him in any way. But i didn't want him to feel like i was getting irritated with it.

"C-can i-i sl-eep with you for sometime? I ne-ed s-someone t-to h-hold me." He said with his voice cracking after each word.

Cuddling was something i was terrible at. The times I spent with Brandon and the only kind of skin-ship i had with him was hugs and occasionally holding hands. And now straight up cuddling this guy? I felt a weird current run in my veins.

But how can i leave him alone? Especially when he is in such a broken state. Maybe I should've taken him with me to buy the spaghetti, then this would've never happened. But now is not the time to blame anyone.

"Okay Kyle, i'll take you to the guest room-
"Take me anywhere, j-just please be with me" he mumbled sadly. Sighing i nodded.

I didn't say anything. Like i said I was ready to do anything he wanted me to.
"Okay, hold onto me". He slowly got up and I held him as I lead us to the guest room

I walked towards the bedroom and opened the door. We entered and i laid him down on the soft mattress. I took out a soft blanket and covered him with it. I looked down at his drained out face and sighed. His eyes were red and puffy. It needed to be iced.

As i moved away, i felt him grab my wrist,
"Wh-where are you going? Don't go..." he whispered softly yet the sadness in his whisper was easy to figure out.

"I'm not going anywhere kyle, i'm gonna get a cold press to ice your eyes, it will make you feel better and also the headache won't bother you." I explained and he let go of my hand. I went to the kitchen and brought out a clean towel and dipped it in some cold water and bought it to the room.

I sat beside him and started to press his eyes softly with the cloth. After doing it for about 5 minutes, i kept the towel aside and looked at him, his eyes were better now. He look at me and said, "please hug me...i want to rest."

Every nerve in me was telling don't do it but in the end i did it.

I held him like a delicate flower, I brought his body next to mine and he put his arms around my waist and his face in the crook of my neck. Unknowingly i started to massage his head. His fucking hair is so soft. I could literally do this forever. I felt him hum in satisfaction and within minutes i felt him drift off to his dream world.

What am i doing right now? Why am i doing this? Why am i allowing myself to feel this way?

I didn't bother to sleep. I was there incase he has another nightmare. After about thirty minutes when i felt him falling in deep sleep, i slowly detached myself from him and he whined initially but went back to cuddling the pillow.