Special chapter 7

(This is Sophia's first birthday celebrating with Kyle)

Kyle's POV

Yeah I'm a man crazy in love with my woman.

Why you may ask? Isn't it obvious? ITS SOPHIA OFC I AM CRAZY ABOUT HER.

But what is so special right now? Her birthday is coming up in a few weeks time. I know there's a lot of time to prepare but I can't stay still, I have to start preparing now.

What flavor cake does she like? Does she enjoy parties? Should I book a whole club? Take her on a yacht? Take her to Paris?

Hmmm....AAAH CLAIRE IS THE ONE I SHOULD ASK. Yes. Lemme just ask her to meet me.

"Hey Claire, are you free right now? I need some advice from you".

"Oh hey Kyle! Of course, I'll be in front of your office in 10 minutes"

"Sounds good".

-

"Okay so what do you want? Is it about Sophs?" She asks and I nod.
"Can you tell me what she likes for her birthday?. I wanna make it special for her".

Claire suddenly had a small sad smile at that. "I guess you don't know this fact about her huh?" She asks, making me more confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'll tell ya what I mean. Let's sit". We take our seats in the cafeteria.

"Kyle....Sophia isn't very fond of birthdays at all. If anything, she....sort of hates it". My eyes widen at that statement.

"We both know her childhood wasn't the best at all. Every year she had a sad face because of what kept happening at home. Those two dead bastards always said how cursed she is and that her being here is useless. We practically had to drag her to our secret spot so we could cut the cake".

My heart started to get heavy as Claire told me why Sophia never liked birthdays.

"On her 17th birthday, we found her crying in the school basement. We had kept a small cupcake for her which she tried to eat but she was having a breakdown. She tried her best to eat it with a smile but....."

"You know the worst part? We don't even know if her birthday is her real birthday". She says, making my eyes widen.

"What do you mean by that?"
"You know....the truth we all got to know after you both returned back to DC...."

My hands clenched till my knuckles turned white. Then I dared to ask another question.

"What about....the years when we...I mean when I went back to Japan?"

Claire sighed once again. "She completely gave up on celebrating. All she did was kill, come home and sleep. Then repeat. She didn't listen to us. No matter how much we tried. She forgot that she has a special day but she told us that it was of no use since the special person she wanted to celebrate it with was no longer there with her-

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" It was Sophia. Claire suddenly stopped and got up to hug her.

"Eeeek! My black panther! I was gonna visit you when I bumped into Kyle. Come onn we both gotta get you that new white suit which you wanted!".

"Come on Claire you don't have to-

"Shut up, we ARE GONNA GET THAT SUIT NO MATTER WHAT. Hey Kyle, Imma steal my bestie for sometime". She signaled me to agree with her which I obviously did. I...I needed time to process all that.

"Of course. Enjoy snowflake, I'll see you at home. I love you". I move forward and bring her close to me and I instantly felt her snuggle into me. Claire had a soft smile looking at her.