Chapter 11

Kyle

The moment their surnames slipped from my mouth, Sophia turned pale. Her eyes widen in shock and the grip on my arms got tighter.

"Sophia?" I called out her name softly. She still didn't budge. Did i say something wrong? Did i overshare a lot? Was she disgusted by me knowing that i'm not pure and clean, the fact that I belong to a disgusting background. So many negative thoughts ran through my head. Obviously she is disgusted by me. Anyone would be, I shouldn't have said anything.

"What did you say?" She asked, her voice now completely filled with hatred, anger, despise and betrayal. "The Wilsons did this?" She asked once again loosening her grip.
I nodded my head indicating yes. Her jaw clenched in anger.

"Can I leave please....I know you wouldn't want someone like me in your space" I whispered.

"You're not going anywhere. Like I've mentioned before, I'm not going to let you go anywhere" She said trying to control her anger.
Who the fuck does she think she is? Keeping me locked here like a dog!

"You do not own me do you understand?! I'm going whether you like it or not!" I said and ran towards the main door pushing her away from me in the process. But her next words made me stop in my tracks.

"And where do you think you'll go? You're not familiar with this place to the extent you think you can go anywhere. And even if you do escape, I have my ways of bringing you back Kyle. You can't escape nor am I going to let you step outside that door" she says as she comes near me. My hands were shivering in fear.

"D-don't come near me!" I exclaimed at her. My feet refused to move. The hold she has on me is unexplainable. Why am I not moving?!

"See how my words managed to stop your tracks. Just see how I can stop you with my words in a few seconds?" She was so close to me. Her breath was hitting my face. Her lips so close to mine. This scene was so familiar to me, as if I have experienced this before.

"Sophia...." I whispered.
"Yes Kyle? What do you want?" She asked me. A simple yet sinful question.
"Why are you doing this? Who am I to you?"
She was quiet for a second.

"Even I don't know why I'm doing this. Frankly speaking the effect you have on me makes me feel dizzy inside out. You may not remember but soon you will. I will make it happen. I will make you remember me. But maybe after you get to know me you'll...." She stopped
"I'll what?"
She took a deep breath

"You will hate me and never want to see my face ever again"

It was already 3 in the afternoon. The weather was chill but still I was sweating with nervousness.

"Tell me Kyle, if I make you remember me, will you run away from me? If i tell you my reality will you hate me? Will you ever wanna see me again?" She stands on her toes slightly and whispered against my ear which caused goosebumps to form on my entire body.

"Do you want me to hate you Sophia?" I whispered back.
"I'd rather have you hate me than feel nothing towards me".

I was feeling so many emotions in me to the point my knees felt weak. She was getting me attracted towards her mysterious aura.
"Make me remember, i want to remember our so-called history together. It's up to me to decide whether I want to hate you or not".

I finally said it and the expression on her face was difficult to interpret. It was a mixed of success and failure. So difficult to comprehend.
"Soon you'll get to know I am, until then do whatever pleases you" she says and goes out the door and slams it shut making me flinch a little. What have I gotten myself into?