Chapter 8

Sophia

One year later

"FUCK!" I screamed as i tried to lift the weights for the 25th rep and god knows how many sets. At this this point i was destroying my body.

"Sophia stop it! You're gonna hurt yourself if you do anymore!" Tyler tried to snatch the dumbbells from me and I had no energy left so I just dropped the weights on the floor.

I took a look at myself in the mirror in front of me. My veins were popping out so much. My muscles definitely looked more defined, way more than when Kyle was there. I was basically looking like a demon. Sweat dripping from my body like waterfall.

I tried to get up from the bench and suddenly felt dizzy, luckily before i could fall, Tyler caught hold of me.

"Sophia fucking stop it already. Give yourself a break."
"Shut it Ty i'm not in the mood for any lectures now". I said irritated and got out of his grip trying to maintain my balance.

He sighed in frustration. This is how I behaved ever since everything happened . Completely out of my mind, i was desperate to feel pain. I wanted to feel it burn the very last nerve of my body.

You may be wondering, Sophia what the actual fuck happened? Well let me give you a flashback of how everything went completely south.

Flashback to after Sophia left the hospital

I ran as fast as i could. I couldn't stand staying in that room for one more second. Seeing his eyes hold so much fear and the fact he sees me as some monster who tormented and tortured him. His fear-filled eyes....no, this is the worst punishment i could ever get. The nurse told me that due to the impact of the accident, his memory has turned backwards, meaning he only remembers his life a few years back and knows nothing about the present.

I threw the visiting card at the reception and ran straight to my car. I slammed the door shut and banged my head against the steering. Why was all this happening? Why the fuck did fate introduce me to him? I swore to never feel anything for anyone, and yet Kyle managed to make his place in my heart...making me feel something which i never knew i could. And now this very beautiful feeling was the reason i'm breaking every passing second.

Is it my fault? Am I the reason all this is happening? What the hell is my mistake? That i'm born to a prestigious family and whoever knows me is gonna be in danger? Is that what's happening?
The moment Kyle entered my life, his life started to go downhill. He is suffering right now and maybe he suffered in the past as well.

But I can't. I can't erase him from my life, i need him. I need his warmth. I can't seem to function anymore knowing that I am out of his life. I didn't even realize tears were flowing from my eyes...dammit kyle you managed to awaken the emotions i was hiding all this time. But the sad part is that these are not happy emotions, it's gonna cause me long term pain now. And the reason is you Kyle Smith.

Suddenly my phone rang, i saw the caller ID and it was Claire. I aggressively wiped my tears and cleared my throat before answering.

"Hello sophs you still not reached? We all are waiting."
"Yeah claire i'm on my way, the traffic is terrible here"
"Sophs....are you crying? Why is your voice so distorted?" She was getting worried now.
"Pfft i'm not crying you idiot, the network sucks right now, don't worry i'll be there in 15 minutes"

Before she could even say anything i cut the call. Sighing deeply I started the engine and drove away from this horrible place.

After another 30 minutes finally I reached the complex. Of course Tyler would choose such a luxurious place to live in. He kept on forcing me to move in the penthouse with him but I refused and told him to get the flat instead.