30 - downfall

- Maddy -

"Did you hear about the encounter at the pool that happened yesterday?" I could just hear as a question was asked from a student sitting behind me. "No? What happened?" Another whispered back. "The janitor told the counselor about two girls that had gotten in the pool around midnight." Those words had me physically freeze for a brief second.

"What's the point? Demolished stuff?"

"No, shockingly they didn't. All i heard that they were caught in the pool. Perhaps just did it for the thrill."

- - -
I turned my head from laying on the bench, watching as Ayden scored the basketball shot from a distance. "Shit! Did you see that?! Half court shot, babyy!" He immediately exclaimed, going to catch the ball back.

"Nice." I faintly replied however watched him walk up right after. "What's up with you? Can't remember the last time you and i spent time together like before."

"Sorry, just occupied with my portfolio for the college. The exams are also intense, same with homework." I sat up whilst explaining.

"Mhm. When have you been so interested on being a good kid? Well towards getting straight A's or perfect scores."

"Hello? This is my last year. Should get myself together and finish it properly."

"Then why are so stressed? You're constantly fiddling since coming here to kill some after school hours with basketball." Ayden kept going.

"I'm fine. But how have you been? Heard you were dating Linda now." I switched the topic to bring him off my obvious nervousness.

"Oh yeah! She's fucking amazing! Can't believe i've actually got her after simping for her for so long." He nudged my shoulder with a smile however i heard as a message came through my phone and i immediately picking it up.

Lauren: where are you?

Me: playing basketball with ayden. why?

Lauren: thank god you're still here. the counselor wants to see you

My body literally froze to the message.

Me: he knows? i heard students talking about the breaking into the pool but how do they know it was us?

Lauren: come out in the hallway. we need to talk.

"Uhh.. i think i'm gonna have to ditch you tonight." I spoke out, spreading an innocent smile to make the confession less painful.

"Mads, what?! You gotta be kidding me! We barely hang out already and you're gonna be leaving again?!"

"I'm sorry. The counselor wants to talk so i can't not go." I admitted and stood up, throwing my backpack on. "Counselor? What for? Mads, what the fuck have you gotten yourself into?"

"Ayden, i don't know. See you tomorrow." I responded and immediately walked out the pe room. "What's going on? We're fucked?" I spoke out as soon as i saw Lauren just down the hallway.

"Yes, sweetheart. I think we took it too far. The janitor told the counselor and now most of the school knows now." She stressfully explained, covering her face with her hands to try and dim the worry.

"Great," i slammed my back against the wall, "it's all my fault. I should have never asked you to do that with me. Oh my fucking god! This is the end, right? Just be honest. This is where the happy ending turns bad?"

"Oh, Maddy," her body stepped closer, pulling me in for a hug, "it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for living your way and wanting me to tag along."

"No, Lauren! I did this! What the fuck is gonna happen now?! There's no way you'll be fine and be able to keep your job!" I fired out after positing my face in front of hers.

"Don't worry about me right now. Okay?" She whispered back but my nerves only spiked more about knowing this is the downfall.

"I'm fucking stupid. This is the one thing i was afraid of! That you'd eventually see me the way i see myself. Lauren, i'm way too crazy! I take action before thinking and look where we are now!"

"Baby, calm down!" Her hands cupped my face, trying her best to take control of my emotions. "You did nothing wrong! I wanted to be apart of your wild personality and i kid you not, this whole time i felt like i needed nothing else. Maddy, you and i will be fine. I might get fired but i'm gonna be right here."

"We won't be fine though." I mumbled back, actually feeling the urge of crying waved over me. "Just know that i love you. Stop thinking that you're at fault for everything because you aren't. I was the one that wanted it too so for all i care, we both messed up but now go see Mr Wells. We'll see how bad this whole thing truly is after seeing what he wants you there for."

"Lauren," i pulled our foreheads together, forcing the sobbing away just so i can speak, "i can lose fucking everything but not you, oh god, not you." I confessed and the woman allowed our lips to meet.

- - -
"Wanted to see me?" I spoke out after opening the office door. "Yes, Maddy, sit down, please." Mr Wells already seemed seriousness however i took a seat, patiently waiting until he speaks.

"I'm sure you already suspect what this might be about, right?"

"Well.. partially." I tried to act clueless and said.

"What you did last night was unacceptable. Breaking into the indoor pool, knowing well that the closing hour is at 8 pm, Maddy."

"Oh? About that? I apologize. I just- well- i never planned to cause any trouble or demolish the place. Just did it for fun but i apologize, won't happen again." I innocently explained however he definitely wasn't done.

"That's least from my concern right now. What i wanted to know is why you were there with Ms Hale?"

"Come again?" I formed a surprise expression, "Ms Hale? What? No! She wasn't there. Sure, i had a friend with me but that was her!"

"Maddy," the clear spike of frustration escaped his voice, "the security cameras outside showcased you both driving in and out!" He yelled right back and shot up from the chair.

"Now! I have every right to fire Ms Hale now but you, i'm calling your parents and we'll see what i will do with you!"

"Why?! What did we do?! We didn't cause any financial damage to the pool though!" I spike my own anger and stood up.

"Maddy! The janitor saw you both kissing in the water! That is just disgusting! Do you even acknowledge the consequences for a teacher and student to have such a bond?!"

"But Mr Wells! We weren't kissing! Maybe hugged but not-"

"Don't you dare lie to my face right now! The security footage will be enough for me to teach Lauren a lesson for ever doing this with one of her students but you are gonna finish off this semester and never do i want to hear from you ever again! That art college you're going into will also be informed about this so you truly understanding what rules you have both broken!" The man explained and sat back down as all i could so was slowly break into pieces.

"Leave. This conversation is over." He spoke out once more and i forced myself around, storming out the office.

>>>