18 - rain kiss

- Maddy -

"Okay. Keep going straight now." I said as Lauren made a turn. "Where are we going, Maddy? Everything around already looks like an open field. Some hills at some point but that's all." I heard her question for the tenth time whilst on this car ride.

"Just please drive. We're already losing daylight but i want you to see it before it's too dark." I replied, holding in my utter excitement. "You're cute but you're also frustrating me." Her eyes gave me a glance yet i only smiled back.

"It's raining too. I bet the ride home will be even worse as those clouds are coming right over the city." She purposely pointed it out.

"Scared of a little rain?" I mocked out. "Wait! Honestly! You can easily swim in freezing water but dislike a small walk in the rain?" The realization hit me and i immediately announced, looking at her with pure disappointment.

"I didn't say anything about not liking the rain. I was referring to the driving in such weather, sweetheart." Lauren replied, looking back at me with a proud smile. "Well if so then keep those eyes on the road. I'm not ready to die yet."

"God, you're cute when annoyed." I heard her little laugh yet i focused my own attention forward, watching as we are coming up to the place i wanted to come to.

"Here will be fine. Just park off the road." I commented, the woman doing just that. "Okay? Now what? Wanna get soaked by running on the hills?" We both unbuckled our seatbelts and i didn't even bother to answer her before getting out, walking over to open her door side.

"Come." I reached my hand out with a smile. "Oh, Maddy. Where have you brought us?" She kept her unsatisfied tone visible whilst getting out. "You'll love it. My dad brought me here yesterday so i wanted to bring you here from how beautiful it actually is." I commented and lead her across the street, entering the large opening of a cave.

The distance was small as we arrived to the end of it, the railing stopping us from going over the mountain as the view upfront showcased a large forest with an ocean after it.

"Oh my god." I could still make out her quiet exclamation after giving her a glance. "Should have trusted me." I said, catching her eyes pan on me. "Maddy, no! I trusted you but this was definitely not what i expected!" The woman happily responded, looking right back at the view as i did as well.

The sun was long gone but the brightness of the moonlight was enough to illuminate everything that i could look at for hours if i could.

"Maddy, i'm so grateful you showed me this."

"I knew you would be but we'll definitely come back at some point for a sunset. It's even more beautiful at that point." I commented, putting my attention on her again.

"And i think i'll stop doubting on participating in your sudden ideas because i can't even describe how much i'd like to look at this for hours if i could."

Those words made my lips form a smile, her confession having me recalling the same thing i just thought of a second ago.

Nonetheless i stepped closer, my arms wrapping right around her for a tight hug. The feeling of her own touch traveling around me had my body spike with warmth. Sensing such a safe and peaceful emotion the more we stayed like this.

"Are you okay?" Her tone was soft and low but still heard by my ear despite the rain becoming even heavier in the background.

"Not every hug should be thought of as something bad." I pulled my face out, showcasing my bright smile. "Well how about we head home though? I don't want you to get-" I already knew what she'd say so i parted from the hug, practically running right out the cave and onto the road.

My eyes locked on the gate for the path that lead on the hills and i rushed over - locked. I forced myself over the small fence, managing to get right over it before taking a look back.

"Are you mad?! It's clearly closed! Don't break rules, Maddy!" Lauren rushed right over with a smile. "Who cares? No one's here so come." I went in to grab her arm and help her over.

"The path is slippery! It's locked for a reason, sweetheart." Her words definitely didn't phase me as i just began running, pulling her right with me.

I swear i couldn't feel more alive. The rain was soaking up my clothes within seconds but i just kept going, watching Lauren's smile grow as we moved over the hills.

"Wait! Stop! I can't an-" Her breathless voice escaped and i slowed down the pace, releasing a laugh to her low physical health.

"Oh my god! But isn't this beautiful?!" I yelled out, extending my arms mids giving a look towards the night sky. My feet lead me off the path though and on the grass, taking a small stroll before looking back at Lauren that was doing nothing but absorbing.

"Why are you just staring?" I questioned, seeing her walk closer right after. "I was staring because you look so happy." Lauren confessed, gently wrapping her arms right around me.

"I'm happy because i'm with you." I whispered back, laying my own arms on her shoulders. However everything basically went on mute around us, my gaze deepening right into hers.

I could have never imagined sharing such a feeling with anyone whilst being so young. I was basically captivated right now. Feeling like i actually mattered to her and was looked at as the most important thing she could want.

"You pretty thing." Her thumb brushed right under my chin, wiping off the water drop i hadn't even felt before it was gone. "Kiss me." I whispered it just loud enough over the rainy weather.

Lauren didn't waist time to give in to the action and our lips met. Hers were soft and gentle against mine, and i eagerly responded, tangling my fingers in her soaked hair. Our kiss deepened, and i could feel all the pent-up emotions and desires pouring out.

Without breaking the moment apart, she wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me closer to her. I couldn't think of anything else but how all the pieces of the puzzle finally clicked into place. We fit perfectly together.

Our kissing became more urgent, more passionate and i found myself lost in the moment. Time seemed to stand still as we explored each other's mouths.

The cool breeze traveled through our drenched clothes but it was nothing compared to the heat and fire between us. Nothing else mattered anymore. It was just her and me.

As we finally broke our kiss, we rested our foreheads against each other, our breaths mingling. I knew that i would never be able to resist her again. She had stolen my heart completely.

"Oh, Maddy. You're making me lose my mind." Her faint words entered my ear, having me deliver a smile back. However i slid my hand in hers and grabbed it, basically pulling her with me on the run back to the gate.

>>>