13 - confessions

- Maddy -

I carefully dragged the brush on the small canvas, coloring the geometric shape. Abstract is definitely not my thing but for the sake of this being our art project until tomorrow, i wanted it done in class instead of worked on at home too.

"Oh. Look at you, Maddy. Not leaving anything for homework?" Ms Hale's voice quietly entered my ear and i smiled out, giving her a quick glance. "More free time at least." I replied and dipped a bit more of the paint to lay down.

"Just a heads up," her hand caressed the back of mine, "do it like this so you don't accidentally go out of the lines." The woman gently tilted the angle of the brush, perfectly guiding our hands among the line.

I wasn't even looking at the canvas at this point, my gaze traveled from her hand and all the way up her arm. "Took note of that?" She whispered out before turning her face to look at me. "Mhm." I faintly hummed back as we held the eye contact.

She was so close. Of course nothing new for her as she leans like this by every student to keep the conversation quiet and not disturb anyone but this was the first for me.

"Try it then. I wanna see." I watched her lips curve a smile and i pulled my attention off her. I went in and performed the same exact thing she showcased.

"You're extremely observant."

"I wonder why." I replied yet looked right back, by now the feeling of her hand on my shoulder was obvious, truly making me tensed up. "I still suck at geometric portraits so maybe i could come over after school?" I suggested.

"You're gonna be playing unfair then." Lauren released a smile. "But i only want a lesson for geometric portraits not the actual help to finish this project." I proudly spoke back.

"Alright. If that's the case then you're allowed to come for a visit." Ms Hale answered before standing back up, moving along to the rest of the students.

- - -
I laid the knocks on the front door, not long after hearing it unlock. "Hi!" I immediately exclaimed from seeing Lauren. "What is that?" Her eyes traveled down, pointing her finger to the canvas i have in my hand.

"What is what?" I asked however stepped inside, purposely hiding the painting behind my back. "Maddy! We agreed on me educating you about geometric portraits!"

"Yes? But i need a visual explanation too. Words alone won't help me." I innocently explained whilst slipping my shoes off. "Don't lie to me, sweetheart. I can see that it's the art project canvas." Ms Hale kept going.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I held my clueless expression and walked further in myself. "So? Can i have some colors? Brushes?" I stopped in the kitchen, absorbing as she's just looking at me with disbelief.

"This is considered cheating, Maddy. Using the opportunity of us being close just so i can basically finish your own homework?"

"Noo! What?" I rolled my eyes even though i know damn right she's telling the truth. "You're unbelievable. I can't." I watched her emotions ease out before leaving my sight.

I noticed the easel just in the corner of the living room so i brought it in an open area, laying a chair just in front of it.

"I hope these are still good. I haven't painted in a while besides at school." I heard the teacher come back, putting the colors just in my reach. "There isn't much to do here anymore so it will work." I replied and grabbed a brush.