19 - need for more

- Maddy -

The sudden touch of Lauren's hand on my bare arm made my eyes open, seeing as she's laying just next to me with a saddened expression.

"What happened? Was the fall that bad?" She asked and i took a look down, getting an understanding of what she's referring to. "No. That's from yesterday." I replied.

"Who did that to you? Why?"

"My dad but he's always like that. Nothing that i'm not used to. He had heard the talk we had before going on that trip to the cabin. So yeah." I forced up a smile, trying to make it less serious than the situation actually was.

"What did you tell him?" The woman questioned, resting up on her elbows to lock the eye contact fully. "Don't worry. I said it was something about your sister. Do you even have siblings?"

"Oh. Well a few but they're all across the world and i'm in no contact with them. I honestly don't have anyone. Just my mom in the city next to here."

"Hmm. Don't say that. You got me too." I reached my hand over, brushing my thumb right on her cheek. "I know i do. At this point you're the only thing holding me here despite the teacher job." She explained, dropping her eyes down.

"Can i ask, why did you move here? And it seems as you're not even happy in this city but then why did you stay?"

"Oh, Maddy. I just- i wanted to get away from the last city and the sudden decision had me not look back at all, i just drove and drove and here i was. Applied for the job with ease, found this neighborhood and house." I listened out to her.

"What happened at your previous place?" I asked even though i could tell it was a painful topic already. "I was married, Maddy." Her stare locked back on me. "Of course it's been almost a year since losing her but if i love someone then it's truly forever."

"Oh. So you still love this woman?" I knew i felt a speck of hurt to the idea of her having someone else in her mind but i kept it hidden, patiently waiting for her reply.

"I will be honest with you. So yes. I do. But don't misunderstand it, Maddy. At this point it's just a happy memory that there was this someone who made me feel special."

"But then why did you split up? Were you the only one that was in love?" I asked yet she scooted closer, resting her forehead right on mine for a second of silence.

My eyes shut closed to take in the moment myself but as i pulled them back open, the touch of a tear caressed my skin.

"Maddy, she isn't here anymore." Those words brushed against my lips and the clarity of the situation hit me.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry! That was the last thing i expected to hear. Lauren, please don't cry!" My arms wrapped around her, forcing her into a tight hug she basically eased into.

"No! It's okay. Don't give me some speech." Her face came back in front of mine, watching her hold back the sobbing. "I don't wanna talk about it anymore. Life is life. It gives you people but then takes them away just as quickly."

"You won't lose me, Lauren. I'll promise you that. I'm gonna be there for you at all costs no matter what our situation will be." I cupped her face with an assuring smile, seeing her happily do it back.

"Well, i think your clothes are clean by now. Will be able to head back to your house." The woman pushed herself off the bed, heading into the bathroom as i followed along. "Are they dry?"

"Mhm." She handed them over with a proud smile. "I'll let you change." Lauren said and walked out, closing the door behind. I untied the robe and hung it up, pulling the jeans and hoodie on.

"What are we doing tomorrow? Another painting lesson?" I made my way to the living room and questioned. "Oh no! This time we're meeting in the actual classroom. Gonna be talking about a new artist from back in the day." The woman explained from sitting on the couch.

"Hmm. What artist? Maybe you can educate me now so i don't have to focus in class." I took a seat next to her with a smirk. "That's cheating, Maddy." Her eyes pulled off the tv.

"Besides what else are you gonna do if you won't be busy with learning?"

"Well," my body scooted closer, grabbing her hand in my hold, "it's been a hot minute since my last sketch. Of course i won't make it obvious to the classmates that i'm drawing but you know it yourself on how discreet i am with this." I explained, catching her smile appear.

"You wanna sketch me again, huh?" She slipped her other hand on my cheek. "Well you're my inspiration. My beautiful, artistic teacher." I proudly replied, pulling myself closer to her.

"You don't even know how much happier i get from hearing you compliment me." I watched her head tilt back, giving in her all to not burst her excitement out. "I'll keep going then. I think you're the-" her eyes locked back on me, actually having me lose the thought from how intense the eye contact already was.

"You're the most attractive and-" Lauren's face moved closer, for the second time knocking my focus off the sentence. "Stop doing that! I'm trying to make your heart flutter here!" I gave off an eye roll yet i didn't even have a chance to give it a go again from the woman making our lips connect.

She was practically hungry for it as her hands roamed my entire body, spiking the desperation inside my own self too so my leg went over her, setting myself in her lap.

Within in that action of mine she forced her head away. "Okay, okay!" Lauren let loose a smile, tapping on my thighs to indicate for me to get off. "Too far, don't you think?"

"You're blaming me?! You were devouring my mouth from the beginning so i just gave in." I sighed out, completely lost about what this even was. "I didn't want to feel vulnerable from your compliments."

"Mhm." I hummed out and got off her. "I'll meet you tomorrow?" The woman asked, reaching to grab my hand to keep me in place. "Sure. It's a school day so of course."

"What are you gonna tell your parents about why you're coming home so late?"

"I said i was going to Ayden's before we went on that trip. I don't know, i'll tell them that we got caught up with chatting or something." I replied, finally managing to yank my hand out of her hold to make my way to the front door.

"Are you mad at me?" I heard her follow after. "Not at all." I forced up a smile, pulling the outdoor jacket on. "Is this about the kiss? Maddy, i just-"

"God, i'm not mad! Please stop. You just betrayed me, that's all." I confessed, locking my full attention on her. "Oh?" The sight of her taking a step closer filled my view, Lauren visibly smirking. "What's going on? Did you want an ending to that?"

My throat grew dry within a second, actually making me question her words myself. Why did i even feel annoyed? Oh my god. We just had our first kiss today and i'm literally seeking for more already?

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." I decided to not speak my thoughts out loud and leaned in for one last peck before leaving the house.

>>>