9 - car ride

- Maddy -

I opened my locker and emptied my backpack, giving a glance to Ayden that was doing the same. "Hey, sexy faces." I slam of a hand on my back had me turn around, noticing Lia and Linda glancing between the two of us.

"Party at my house tonight. Coming? Well since i've understood Maddy also knows how to live life then you are invited too." Linda admitted.

"I'm down. Are you coming, Mads?" My friend gave me a look but before i could answer, my gaze passed him and went over to the art class door, Lauren giving me a signal to come there.

"Can you give a minute? I'll be right back." I excused myself and walked right over. "What can i help you with?" I politely asked yet she gestured me inside.

"I wanted to apologize again. What i did yesterday would get my own self in trouble as i held you back in class for no reason." Ms Hale began after closing the door.

"No, it's totally okay! Besides there was a reason why i should have been held back. I mean, you heard the conversation of me planning to skip a class anyways." I said with a nervous laugh.

"Still. I'm definitely not strict and i even had skipped classes or school only to have fun when i was a kid myself." She explained, taking a seat at her desk so i approached.

"Strict or not but you're still a teacher, Lauren." I tried to keep my winning hand however she looked up at me with an impressed expression, having me recall what i just said.

"Sorry! I meant Ms Hale. My bad." I rolled out a chuckle. "Don't say sorry. I honestly prefer to be called that instead of something so formal as Ms Hale but it's my job to be professional."

"Right. Well, am i off to go? I have a few plans."

"Going somewhere? Maybe i can take you?" The woman stood up, fully dedicated about the offer. "Take me? In your car? The corvette?" My lips gapped to even the thought of touching such a vehicle.

"Yeahh?" Lauren dragged the word out, sort of confused about my reaction. "No, well i'm down. Sure! I'll meet you in the parking lot?" I questioned, already heading to the door. "See you there." Ms Hale replied before i left and walked back to the group.

"Listen, i think i'm ditching this time. My mom needs help at the house." I came up with the excuse, bringing everyone's attention on me. "Oh come on, Mads! Just for an hour at most!" Ayden basically pleaded out.

"Yeah, Maddy. If not the whole night then at least an hour. We need your company." Lia added in with a smile and i honestly was so ready for a little bit of fun at most. "You know what, alright. But i'm not driving with you. I have a friend that will take me." I confessed, the relief of Lia's face being the most obvious.

- - -
I shut the car door after sitting inside, locating the seatbelt and pulling it right over me to buckle in. "I hope i won't make it dirty." I mumbled out as Lauren had switched the engine on. "Don't worry. Black seats so won't even be seen." She threw me a smile, clearly more calm than i am.

"So? Going home?" I heard her question before the sound of something entered my ears, seeing as she's pulling the roof open.

"Oh! That's impressive!" My eyes widening, completely amazed by everything in here. "God, you're so cute."

Did she just call me cute?

"Uhh.. what did you ask?" I decided to discard it.

"Are we heading home? Our neighborhood?"

"Oh! No! Actually switch of plans so can you take me somewhere else?"

"Sure. Anywhere you need." She happily replied and backed out the parking spot.

- - -
"Here? Right?" I heard her ask. "Yeah! Big thank you!" I politely said and unbuckled my seatbelt. "Maddy. What's going on? Another party?" Before i could look for the door handle, she asked, having me look at her instead.

"No! What? Why would you think that? Just a friends house, we're having a movie night." I came up with the first thing that entered my mind.

"Maddy, i can already hear the music from here even though you wanted me to park further back from wherever you're going."

Great. I'm doomed.

"Okay. Caught me. Won't tell?" I gave up without hesitation. "I won't. Nonetheless you're 18 but i don't approve of the fact that you're partying at the start of a week. You have school tomorrow, sweetheart."

"It's a light party! Everyone there acknowledges it so nothing to worry about."

"But now that i know, i feel responsible about you." The speck of seriousness was obvious in her tone. "Okay. What do you want me to do?"

"Honestly," she pulled her phone out and brought a contact number up. "Write down my number. Just in case you're in trouble or anything bad happens, give me a call immediately. That's the best i can offer to not feel like i'm supporting this way too much." She explained and i didn't hesitate to type it out in my phone.

"I'll do. Also thanks for the ride. Absolutely amazing car! Like having it a convertible just brings such a free feeling when driving." I decided to comment about it, purposely showcasing my amazement.

"I know how you feel. That's the only reason i wanted it to have a soft roof." Lauren replied with a smile yet i kept my eyes on her, using the chance to get a longer look at her as her own eyes were wondering around the open top.

Why do i feel so comfortable around her? Maybe because she gives off a motherly figure? But it's not even just comfort, she's just beautiful. The first woman i have looked at more than once and still haven't gotten tired of finding new things that make her out-glow anyone.

"Maddy?" Her voice came through and my dumb self had glanced down to her lips. "Uhh.. sorry! I'll just-" I whipped my head to the door, absolutely embarrassed about how long i had been staring with her knowing.

"Oh my god. Where's the door handle?" I asked, at this point revealing my shaky voice. "Maddy, it's the button there. Just press it, sweetheart." I heard her light laugh and i tried it, having it open up.

"Thanks for everything. See you tomorrow." I hurriedly responded and carefully closed it back, making my way down the sidewalk and over to Linda's house.

>>>