31 - locked up

- Maddy -

I took a stop on the sidewalk and turned to look at Lauren's house, the car parked in the driveway so i knew she is home.

"Lauren?" I spoke out as the call was answered. "You're already done? What did Mr Wells say?" She immediately questioned.

"He knows it was us. The janitor saw us kissing too and the footage from outside proves the whole story even more." I explained, holding such a guilty feeling inside me.

"Oh, sweetheart. I know he's aware. I got fired today. Not just from the school though - the whole city. They're gonna be messing up my whole biography and said that there's no way i'll be able to get a job nor be welcomed back here."

"You did?! Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I swear i should have never-"

"Stop. No. Never was or will be your fault. This world is filled with other opportunities and they have no way to stop me from going elsewhere and landing a job there."

"Lauren, don't say that. You're not leaving, right? There's no way you're about to leave me here by myself!"

"Maddy, i'm not leaving you but i have to leave the city. It's small and by tomorrow everyone will know about what i did so i can't stay."

"Please don't! You can't do that to me! Lauren, please come outside. I'm standing just here so please let me hug you for the last time if this is how we're gonna have to live from now on." I said and she hung up the call.

I slowly made my way to the front door, patiently waiting until she opens it but a voice from somewhere else brought my eyes towards the direction.

"Maddy! Come here!" My dad yelled out from standing at the front of our house however i looked back forward, hearing as the door was unlocked and opened.

"Maddy! Don't you dare go inside so i'm warning you for the last time, come over here!" Spencer yelled out once more and i saw the pure worry on Lauren's face.

"I'll text or call you so listen to him." She whispered out and i turned around, making my way over to my house.

"You little brat!" The harsh push from my back had me stumble inside. "What the fuck do i have to hear from your counselor?! You and Lauren are dating?! Breaking into buildings and kissing in front of people?!" The yelling began as i just moved further in and over to the kitchen to block the distance between him and i with the counter.

"Dad! It's not like that! We're just very close but not dating!"

"Listen! I might have gave into the whole thing about you liking girls but you're teacher, Maddy?! A woman basically twice your age?! You're disgusting!" He bursted back and rushed towards me, grabbing my arm to stop me from running.

"Please, don't hit me! I did nothing wrong! Those are all lies! Mr Wells explained the whole thing way worse than it actually was!"

"Maddy, don't fucking lie to me! At this point i was waiting for this one thing that would prove your dishonesty! You and her caught kissing?! And the nude sketch, that was her, wasn't it?! May i also mention the fact that our other neighbor saw you bring her over when we weren't home that day!"

"What? You- dad! You asked the Feral family to spy on me?!" I immediately asked since recalling the time Lauren and i heard someone knocking on the door.

"I had to find out the truth some way but god, oh god, never would have i thought that you'd be so dumb to openly lead her in and not even open the door so i truly do wonder what you two had been doing here, huh?!" Spencer kept spiking his tone, the harsh grip on my arm tightening the more he spoke.

"You better let go of me. Right fucking now! I'll call the cops. I'll confess to them about how disgustingly abusive you are to your own daughter! And there's no way i'll be staying here anymore! I'm going. I'm leaving to live with Audrey despite the fact on how far the school is from her new place!"

"Fuck no you won't!" He spat out and the stinging pain of a slap laid right across my face. "Just because you're 18, makes you think you rule the family?! Go!" He forced me forward right away, "go to your bedroom and you're only coming out of it to finish off the last semester!" The constant pushing kept appearing as my feet stumbled up the staircase.

"Lauren is leaving but i swear if i hear you both still in contact or meeting up then i'll ruin your life, Maddy."

My body rushed into the room and over to the bed, watching as he hesitated to walk in or not. "Do you even understand how nasty you are?! I already tried my best to accept your sexuality and in return you bring me this?!" His feet moved in nonetheless and i tucked my legs in, waiting until the worst happens.

"You love her, don't you?" He spoke out through his teeth, hand gripping my face as hard as possible. "I do and i have no fucking shame to admit it." I replied and he thrusted my face to the side, leaving the bedroom before hearing the locking of the door appear.

>>>