28 - perfect song

- Lauren -
-- A Few Days Later --

I watched as Maddy's finger slowly traced the back of my hand, playfully caressing it with her face just in the crook of my neck.

"You know the more we spend time together, the more i don't want to leave when i have to." Her words entered my ear, having me release a smile.

"I don't want you to go either." I slightly moved, making our eyes lock together. "Then why can't we just be happy? We ditched the distancing so why don't we just turn our backs on everyone and leave?"

"Leave where, love?" I questioned with an intrigued smile. "Anywhere. As long as it's just us." She replied, pure joy in her eyes. "Oh you cute little thing." I wrapped my arms right around her for a tight hug.

"No! But i'm serious!" Maddy forced herself away, resting up on her elbows to fully look at me. "Like imagine. A cabin somewhere in the woods. No! Of course the one you have right now is absolutely perfect but i want it more.. like near a beach. Not a public one, private so people wouldn't be there. The sun would set right in front of it. In the other direction would be mountains, a single road that drives you past them. The city a few miles away. Doesn't that sound just amazing?"

My smile grew even bigger after hearing her finish and i reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "You're so cute whilst day dreaming."

"Excuse me?! Am i some joke to you right now? Sure it sounds like out of some movie or fantasy but it's possible! And i'm not even speaking just about myself, i want to be there with you."

"I don't think you're joke, sweetheart. Not even a little bit but i have a job and you're just about to graduate, enter an art college." I explained, trying to sound less harsh about knowing this wouldn't come true.

"Mhm. You don't even need a job. You have money falling out of your pockets. Why are you even working?"

"Well i'm still in my 30s and i don't find thrill on just traveling. Specifically alone. Got a job that i'm good at and at least can have a distraction, have something to do." I honestly answered.

"But you have me now." Maddy pulled herself closer, laying a soft kiss right on my lips. "I know i do. You are everything to me." I cupped her face with a smile.

"Then why don't we go? Before it's actually too late."

"How about we have this talk at some other time? You still have to graduate too so we can't plan anything at this current moment. And the college? You've told me so much about it and i can see how badly you want to get into it."

"God. You always dodge my dreams. Don't want anything to do with them, do you? Maybe you don't even want us to be together after school? Will ditch and make this look like a fling?"

"Oh my god! What the hell are you talking about?!" I forced myself sitting, actually disappointed about her even thinking that. "No! I'm not gonna ditch you! For all i care i'll leave the teachers job if that's what it will take for us to see each other every day when you go to college, baby!"

As the confession left my mouth, Maddy went quiet, surprise forming across her face. "What did you call me?" She faintly asked and i immediately recalled my words. "What? The word baby? Do you-"

She abruptly stopped me, pulling herself in for a long and soft kiss. "Call me that from now on. Never ever go a day without doing it. It sounds way too good." Her smile broke the moment and i happily returned it.

"You know, you lately put me on listening to music. You said you love finding ones that reflect specific things in your life." I began, bringing curiosity in her. "Yeah?"

"Know John Legend? The singer."

"Ohh! Of course! His lyrics are literally so deep in most songs."

"Exactly! I never really was keen on listening to music whilst grading or when i have things to do but he's one of my favorites currently." I replied.

"Now that you mentioned him, the song he has called nervous is perfect for us." Maddy confessed. "Oh? You have also located music for our situation?" I asked with a bright smile.

"Of course! Have you heard it though? No. Let's put it on. Where's the remote?" She sat up, locating it just on the nightstand before switching the tv on.

"You're literally perfect, Maddy." I faintly mumbled out however her eyes panned back on me after playing the song. "You are." She laid a kiss right down.

>>>