21 - distancing

- Maddy -
-- A Few Days Later --

I immediately reached over for my phone as i heard a message come through, my lips forming a smile as soon as i saw it was the reply from Lauren.

Lauren: ran away from your parents?😅

Me: sort of. couldn't deal with the romantic tension they constantly share in front of me🙄

Lauren: my poor thing <3

Me: maybe i can come over? i haven't seen you besides at school and even then you make us ignore one another!

Lauren: i'm busy tonight. tons of tests to grade plus you know what deal we made, sweetheart :)

Me: i hate you

Lauren: i don't know about that. the last time we had a proper talk, you said you loved me

Me: i take my words back. i hate you instead

Lauren: you know this whole thing is best for the both of us.

Me: can i call you? i wanna at least hear your voice

No reply anymore. Not even read.

"Maddy?" A voice traveled into the bedroom, having my eyes pan on my aunt. "Mhm." I replied unbothered, practically throwing the phone down.

"What's going on?" She questioned, slowly approaching the bed with her hands behind her back. "What do you mean?"

"Well," the sight of my sketch book in her hand was all i saw as she purposely flipped through the pages too, "this woman. She's the only thing you've been drawing, is what i was referring to. So what's going on?"

"Nothing is! I have to draw something and the imaginary of that woman is keeping me intrigued." I innocently confessed but Audrey was clearly not buying it from her smile widening.

"Mads, i remember those features. The first time you showed a sketch of this woman you said she was your art teacher."

"Oh, don't be a joke! What? I never said that! That's not her either!" I rolled out a laugh, reaching over to yank the notebook out of her hands. "Mads, you know we share everything. I'm not a snitch. You know that for years already." She explained, taking a seat at the edge of the bed.

"Okay! Yes. She is the same woman that i sketched before and yes, she's my teacher. But i already said it back then, she's just extremely beautiful and that's the only reason i enjoy her being my inspiration."

"Oh, Maddy," the touch of her hand on my leg was soft, showcasing that she's not falling for any of my lies from the grin on her face, "you've got to that point, haven't you?"

"What point?"

"You and her. Is there something there? No, i'm of course not gonna tell you what you should and shouldn't do but i wanna know what's happening. As long as i'm still living, i'm responsible over you."

"Mhm. Mother number two." I forced myself out of the bed, taking a stroll to the window. "But i'm the good mother, aren't i? I have nothing against Sandra, she's my sister all alone but she does have traits that ruin your life. I caught onto that as soon as i helped you get through their homophobic behavior."

I don't know what i was feeling but i knew Audrey was currently the only one i could trust. This distance thing i've survived through with Lauren has had me in a chokehold. Feeling like i'm actually going insane but slowly realizing that the chances of us being happy together.. it can't be high from how forbidden this is.

"Audrey," i walked back to her and took a seat on the bed, "i'm in love. I'm in love with someone i'm starting to realize i won't be able to have forever." I confessed, observing her face change to disbelief. "You.. Maddy, what?"

"Yes! How the hell did it happen? I don't know! But i can't think of anything but her!" I threw my hands on my face, giving in my all to not actually cry. "Maddy," she pulled them away immediately, making our eyes connect, "it's her you're in love with? The same woman in your drawings?"

I took a pause, honestly not bothering to answer as it was clear across my face from how badly i wanted to flood my emotions out.

"Oh god, when did all this happen? So fast as well." Audrey pulled me in for a hug as i relaxing into it freely. "I don't know. I don't fucking know but Lauren is currently restricting us from hanging out at all and i swear i'm losing my mind from not only agreeing to it but also the realization of there not being freedom to this whole thing, there will never be."

>>>