6 - art class portrait

- Maddy -

I panned my eyes off the canvas and absorbed as Ms Hale was caressing a guys hand, guiding it the right way to paint the image of a park.

What a lame thing to choose. Sure, everyone had the option to pick whatever but it's just obvious he went for the most easiest thing possible.

I pretended to shade my portrait of a man but i couldn't pull my focus off the two. She was even leaned forward, her back facing me. It didn't even take long as i just checked her out, exploring all her curves.

The loose and dark grey suit pants screamed pure fashion. Just before i had studied her white sweater that caressed her skin tightly. Without doubt just making her look so elegant today.

"Maddy?" A voice had my head whip to the other side, Ayden staring at me like he has just accomplished something. "What are you doing?" He asked in a lowered tone.

"What? I'm painting." I responded and dipped my brush in the white color, continuing the coloring from where i left off.

"Fuck no you weren't just a second ago. Where were you staring?" I heard him continue, even leaning closer to dim the conversation from the other classmates to hear.

"I was just checking out other people canvases. There, you caught me. Just please don't snitch." I looked back at him with an innocent expression. "Sure. Right. Listen, can you help me out here? How the fuck do you draw a normal hand? It's always looked like a scribble when i have done it before."

"God. It's been years since we've started an art class and you still can't draw it?" My eyebrows raised, even giving a glance to his.. effort? That's the most nicest way i can describe it as the colors around the person are brighter than the actual thing he's supposed to be painting.

"How the fuck do you draw fingers, Mads? I don't even wanna try it, they'll look as thin as a match." I heard him exclaim with frustration. "Hold on, let me-"

"What's going on? I said no talking or helping each other." I could already make up the voice of the teacher approaching us. "I'm not cheating. My friend just doesn't know how to- well, he just needs help." I innocently admitted, purposely not mentioning the main problem as everyone would hear.

"What's going on, Ayden?" Ms Hale stepped over to him and asked. My eyes caught as her hand laid down on his shoulder, the two quietly whispering out to each other that i couldn't even hear anything anymore.

I looked back at my artwork though, forcing myself to finally focus so i kept working on the outline of the face. Next came the eyes so i cleaned the brush, choosing green before glancing back to the two.

My eyes studied the woman, this time getting a clear image of her body from the side. Everywhere i looked engraved a perfect memory at the back of my head. The thoughts and ideas of how i could sketch her kept roaming my mind but they blurred out as the realization of how perfect she actually is to look at hit me.

I absorbed as her face turned to look at Ayden whilst saying something and just then i got a glance of her eye, remembering every detail and color of it before looking away.

The brush caressed the canvas and i laid the inspiration of Ms Hale's eyes right down. "How are you doing here, Maddy?" I felt her breath brush against my ear, my muscles tensing up as i was not expecting her to approach me.

"Good. Really good." I whispered back, keeping my stare on the portrait. "I like your details. Especially the eyes you're drawing currently." Ms Hale commented and i couldn't even help myself to finally give her a look.

"Thank you." I responded however used the opportunity to examine them closer now. "Are you drawing mine?" The woman's question made me weak, understanding how fucking obvious i had been.

"No, no! I- ehm. I'm doing.." I glanced to my pallet, trying to come up with anything at this point. "I was planning to make a mixed eye color. So green and blu- no, white. That makes more sense."

"Okay? Well why did you lay the dark green on the portrait already then? Green and white only makes a lighter tone. Should have mixed them before, sweetheart." Her light laugh entered my ear and at this point my stress had spiked, accidentally adding a completely unneeded color to the mixing i was doing.

"You know what, i'll just let you do you. I think i'm interrupting too much." Lauren announced and i felt as her presence left me, making her way further down the back of the class.

"Maddy, what the fuck? You good?" Ayden caught my attention. "The bell is absolutely to ring so finish. I want to go that damn house party already." I discarded his concern, by now rushing my painting.

>>>